Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice gets a joke of a suspension

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    So smoking some pot twice is 800% worse than knocking a woman out with your fist ON CAMERA?

Good thing he didn't kill her, he might have gotten a 3 game suspension...
    It would have been reduced to two of he had agreed to anger management classes...

Legend

User Info Menu

So smoking some pot twice is 800% worse than knocking a woman out with your fist ON CAMERA?

On this, I agree

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ray Rice is a piece of ****.

But for Gordon I get a little annoyed by the "its just weed" argument (i love weed, but im not saccrificing 16 $170k game checks for it)

Hes been suspended at every level....twice at baylor, once at utah, twice in cleveland. He has a history of using purple drank, so while its easy to go with the he failed because of weed story It probably isnt true because the "substance abuse" policy doesnt reveal what substance, marijuana is an easy one to go with because its viewed widely as harmless....just like all these guys getting suspended for a "banned substance" they decide to call it "adderall" because its way more harmless than roids in the eyes of the public.

Gordon is hanging around his ganster friends and doing their hood rat things, but hes had plenty of chances. This kind of behavior is the type of thing peope do toking up some sweet herbal goodness, this would be a drug problem

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't get me wrong - Gordon is an absolute idiot b/c he clearly knew the consequences of his actions. He got exactly what he deserved because those are rules that the players agreed upon when signing the last agreement.

But it's asinine to say that smoking pot twice is a full season and knocking a women unconscious and dragging her out of an elevator is a 2 game offense. Goodell might as well of stood at a podium and told abused women jokes. It's an embarrassment to the entire league and the Rooney's should be pissed off to be associated with the total lack of condemnation for that kind of behavior. Today, the NFL stated that beating a women is not a big deal. Meh, hit her if you must...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well Goodell failed hard in sending any kind of message and proved another soft spot for his home town team....frankly i am surprised they didnt just sweep it under the rug

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't get me wrong - Gordon is an absolute idiot b/c he clearly knew the consequences of his actions. He got exactly what he deserved because those are rules that the players agreed upon when signing the last agreement.

But it's asinine to say that smoking pot twice is a full season and knocking a women unconscious and dragging her out of an elevator is a 2 game offense. Goodell might as well of stood at a podium and told abused women jokes. It's an embarrassment to the entire league and the Rooney's should be pissed off to be associated with the total lack of condemnation for that kind of behavior. Today, the NFL stated that beating a women is not a big deal. Meh, hit her if you must...
    I wonder how the Rooneys felt when JH attacked the mother of his child?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I wonder how the Rooneys felt when JH attacked the mother of his child?
    According to Goodell it wouldn't have happened if she had just listened.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, since our Steelers travel to Baltimore for the first ever CBS-NFL Network simulcast Thursday night game in week 2, one of those two games he'll miss is against us (and week one for is home against Cincy, so they lose their starting RB for two division games against their biggest rivals). If the Ravens start off their season 0-2 in the division with both being home losses against the two teams that are their primary competition in the AFC North, then the penalty will be worth it.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Absolute crap. I just can't stand RG.

Just blows my mind how hypocritical and biased this "commissioner" is.

Wow. Just...wow...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I believe 100% that the severity of Ben's suspension was primarily the result of two factors.
    1. He is a high-profile quarterback
    2. He is white

The fact that there were two unsubstantiated allegations levied against him in a relatively short period of time surely influenced Goodell's thinking as well, but I believe it runs a distant 3rd in the decision-making process. This was his chance to show the world that he wasn't going to show preferential treatment to a white guy or star quarterback.

If true, 2 games for Ray Rice is shameful.
    Thanks for writing that better than I can. Perfect.