Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice gets a joke of a suspension

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    When did Harrison clock anyone? If I recall correctly, he broke a door down, and then smashed her cell phone. Not exactly civilized behavior, but he wasn't punching a woman out at least to my knowledge.
    Harrison was arrested Saturday after hitting 29-year-old Beth Tibbott at her home in Ohio Township, according to a police affidavit.
    Harrison, of Franklin Park, was arraigned on charges of simple assault and criminal mischief. The 29-year-old was released on his own recognizance pending a preliminary hearing Thursday.
    On Monday, Harrison apologized for the fight through his lawyer.
    "I initially told him that my advice was he not speak with any of the media nor that I speak with any of the media, and he felt strongly that I convey his contrition and his regret regarding the incident," Harrison's lawyer, Bobby Del Greco, told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Monday.
    The couple had been arguing before just before 1 p.m. when Tibbott locked herself in a bedroom, the police said.
    While Tibbott was trying to call 911, Harrison broke down the door, took her cell phone and broke it in half, according to police. Tibbott said Harrison then hit her across the face with an open hand and knocked off her glasses.
    Police said Tibbott had "red marks" on her left cheek. She had called them after the alleged assault, saying she was afraid of Harrison.
    Harrison drove from the house in a Hummer and was pulled over minutes later by Franklin Park police. Police said Harrison corroborated her account of the incident, according to several Pittsburgh-area media outlets.
    Harrison was arraigned, then released on his own recognizance pending a preliminary hearing at 8:30 a.m. Thursday.
    Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said the team is gathering information, but considers the charges a personal matter of Harrison's. The player's agents also declined comment.
    The Steelers linebacker had career highs of 98 tackles and 8 sacks last season. He was signed by Pittsburgh in 2002 as a rookie free agent out of Kent State.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    First two points, one, when did Rice Assault anyone ? Assault is a CRIME....Did you see Rice get charged with anything ?
    actually he was charged with assault, so the rest of you post is garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    actually he was charged with assault, so the rest of you post is garbage
    He was charged but didn't she drop them shortly thereafter because she wanted to marry the midget and collect her payday?

the victim doesn't get to decide whether to press or drop charges, that's the DAs job

rice pled not guilty to the charges and entered a pretrial diversion

a two game suspension sets a terrible precedent for the NFL, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post

a two game suspension sets a terrible precedent for the NFL, IMO
    it's obviously better to hit a woman than it is to smoke a joint...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    it's obviously better to hit a woman than it is to smoke a joint...

That is kinda a dumb comment sir...please. You are better then that. Look, while I agree that Domestic Violence is a problem, it doesn't however put the general public at risk. You say that smoking weed...like what you and others have referenced about Josh Gordon as no big deal. But, there are a CLEAR set of rules in the league. Gordon KNEW that his next failed drug test would be a season long suspension. So it was NOT Goodell who suspended Gordon. It was Gordon who suspended himself.

Also, I will tell you that even after that failed test, Gordon was arrested for a DUI...His 4th one going back to his original days at Baylor. And literally MILLIONS of Innocent people have their Lives either taken away, or severely altered by the Idiots out there who are operating " Weapons of MASS Destruction "...( Automobiles )...on Weed or Alcohol.

And that my friend is a HELL of alot worse problem in society then ANY sort of Domestic Abuse.

while I agree that Domestic Violence is a problem, it doesn't however put the general public at risk.
    the millions of women in the world who are victims of domestic violence disagree with you...

Domestic Violence Facts

Domestic violence is both a national and a worldwide crisis. According to a 1100 UNICEF study, 20-50% of the female population of the world will become the victims of domestic violence.

Within the United States, one out of every four American women will experience violence by an intimate partner sometime during her lifetime.

http://www.feminist.org/other/dv/dvfact.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the millions of women in the world who are victims of domestic violence disagree with you...

Domestic Violence Facts

Domestic violence is both a national and a worldwide crisis. According to a 1100 UNICEF study, 20-50% of the female population of the world will become the victims of domestic violence.

Within the United States, one out of every four American women will experience violence by an intimate partner sometime during her lifetime.

http://www.feminist.org/other/dv/dvfact.html

I am talking about the literally Thousands of innocent people on the street who are targets for Drunk drivers, or people under the Influence Hawaiian. Please don't insult your Intelligence by comparing Domestic Violence to that. Over 300,000 lives lost a month or altered seriously by drunk drivers. There aren't that many Domestic Violence victims in a year. Also, many of those female victims I hate to say this sir but, they are repeat victims, which IMHO does not make them TRUE Victims...but Volunteers. They know what their partners are like, and yet they stay in that situation. The first time it happens, I agree, they are victims. But everytime after that...they are NOT Victims.

Sorry hawaiian, but it is true.

I am talking about the literally Thousands of innocent people on the street who are targets for Drunk drivers, or people under the Influence Hawaiian. Please don't insult your Intelligence by comparing Domestic Violence to that. Over 300,000 lives lost a month or altered seriously by drunk drivers. There aren't that many Domestic Violence victims in a year. Also, many of those female victims I hate to say this sir but, they are repeat victims, which IMHO does not make them TRUE Victims...but Volunteers. They know what their partners are like, and yet they stay in that situation. The first time it happens, I agree, they are victims. But everytime after that...they are NOT Victims.

Sorry hawaiian, but it is true.
    I said smoking a joint, I never said anything about alcohol...

many of those female victims I hate to say this sir but, they are repeat victims, which IMHO does not make them TRUE Victims...but Volunteers.
    no man has the right to ever hit a woman once, let alone a 2nd or 3rd time.

I have a teenage daughter. if I ever catch her smoking a joint with a guy I will call his parents. if I ever find out a guy hit my daughter, I am calling the police.