Thread: Steelers to wear throwback jerseys vs. Colts in Week 8

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers to wear throwback jerseys vs. Colts in Week 8

Steelers to wear throwback jerseys vs. Indianapolis Colts in Week 8

By Neal Coolong on Jul 23 2014

The Killer Bees of the 'Burgh are back in 2014.

The Steelers announced Wednesday the bees are back in 2014.

Specifically, the garish, polarizing yellow and black striped jerseys the team has worn as their throwbacks since 2012. The Steelers will wear them during their Week 8 game against the Indianapolis Colts - a game that very well could be nationally televised. It's already scheduled for the late game slot (4:25 p.m. ET) on CBS.

Initially, the Steelers weren't planning to wear the throwbacks, seen by many as the ugliest jerseys in the NFL. Each team is permitted to wear an alternate jersey twice each season. The Steelers only wore their throwbacks once last year, resulting in a 37-27 Week 11 win over the Detroit Lions.

The Steelers defeated Washington in Week 8 in 2012, the first time they wore these particular throwbacks. Without Ben Roethlisberger, and with Byron Leftwich looking rather comical, the Steelers fell to the Baltimore Ravens with them on in Week 11 that same year.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2014/7/23/5929677/steelers-throwback-jerseys-2014-bees-stripes-record-history[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

2-0

keep it going

Legend

User Info Menu

Nooooooooooo.....my eyes!
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Burn them!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wish they would wear them every week. its the mayhem they cause that i enjoy

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I love these uni's. They r so outrageously black and gold it's amazing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good Lord! I thought these things were dead and buried!

What's wrong going with a 70's throwback? Subtle change from the current but I love em.
    Last edited by SteelBucks; 07-23-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They would be better if they wore black pants with them. Just sayin'...

Backup

User Info Menu

I like them, they are just extremely different. The Steelers always seem to play faster in them, must be the horizontal stripes. So if they looked faster in them the last few years, then with all the new speed I may have to watch the games in slow motion

Legend

User Info Menu

No gold helmets anymore, though.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.