Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Call me a hypocrite if you like...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    look at Peyton Hillis' numbers the last few years. You can't run through guys and have a long career. Bettis survives because he was light on his feet. Guys like Okoye and Hillis have a few good years and then fall off a cliff due to injuries.
    I'm ok with that as long as it gets us ring #7

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Not sure he would be a good TE, but he could definitely take handoffs and run. probably 75% of his college runs were designed runs, thats not scrambling as a QB.

He runs hard and fast, but theres not nearly as much glory in being a goal line back as there is in being a QB
    Trust me when I say this: TT rushing up the middle more than just a handful of plays will get him broken. He is big, but he's not fullback big. He won't last long in the NFL doing that. No way.

Legend

User Info Menu

In production and achievements he definitely is...doesnt matter how he was being used, like you said it was unstoppable. I dont know what doing anything special has to do with it, although playing well in big games seems pretty special to me.

Cam Newton is an interesting add to the conversation, he could have run away with it had he played more than 1 year. But I dont think pro success should have anything to do with being labeled as a great college or among the best college football players of all time. Leinart and Young are certainly in this conversation based on their bodies of work while in college and they suck ass just like tebow.

Who would you have #1? top 5?

When i think of the very best college players ive ever seen, id say its split about in half between being good and bad in the pros.
    I cant argue his achievements and stats but there were a ton of QB's who were better than Tebow at the QB position in college.

#1 would be Tommy Frazier and he never played a down in the NFL.

In no order I think guys like Luck, Detmer, Gino Torretta, Vinnie Testeverde, Peyton Manning, Vick, McNabb and even Johnny Manziel are all ahead of Tebow as college QB's.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I'm ok with that as long as it gets us ring #7
    We have Blount and he is a much better RB than Tebow.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We have Blount and he is a much better RB than Tebow.
    and I'm ok with that too. As long as it gets us ring number 7

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I cant argue his achievements and stats but there were a ton of QB's who were better than Tebow at the QB position in college.

#1 would be Tommy Frazier and he never played a down in the NFL.

In no order I think guys like Luck, Detmer, Gino Torretta, Vinnie Testeverde, Peyton Manning, Vick, McNabb and even Johnny Manziel are all ahead of Tebow as college QB's.
    I cant argue on the list, but we differ in opinions on what would make a QB great because i think being better at "playing the QB position" is much more cloudy of a statement in college

Peyton Manning was one of the best prospects, but he couldnt win the big game (overstated but very true)

Luck was a slam dunk prospect, one of the best ive ever seen but he didnt exactly light up the skies at stanford either.

Vick was the most exciting to watch, he was the Reggie Bush of QBs...and reggie bush's 2006 season was one of the best season for a RB ive ever seen

Maziel might be, its tough to be considered one of the best ever with 2 seasons though...thats just a biased i have, which is why i would be hard pressed to include $Cam

Legend

User Info Menu

It probably helped Tebow somewhat on those goal line runs that he was running behind the two Pounceys and Gilbert, all highly drafted NFL starting O-linemen.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It probably helped Tebow somewhat on those goal line runs that he was running behind the two Pounceys and Gilbert, all highly drafted NFL starting O-linemen.
    It probably did, it also probably helped manziel having Joeckel and Matthews as his LT, both top 6 picks. As well as Mike Evans to bail him out time and time again.

It was a very talented florida team, no question. I did think Tebow would win 2-3 heismans at the rate he was going. Im glad he didnt, I really am done arguing for tebow and urban meyer lol I feel dirty

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    it also HURT Tebow in the long run IMO.

It's a shame he isn't willing to play a slash role in the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

It probably did, it also probably helped manziel having Joeckel and Matthews as his LT, both top 6 picks. As well as Mike Evans to bail him out time and time again.

It was a very talented florida team, no question. I did think Tebow would win 2-3 heismans at the rate he was going. Im glad he didnt, I really am done arguing for tebow and urban meyer lol I feel dirty
    of course it helped Manzeil out but all the other QB's who had talent around them looked much better throwing the football. Tebow makes a football look like it weighs 50 pounds when he throws it.