Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't Timmons get more love?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Why doesn't Timmons get more love?

[url]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6444897-74/timmons-steelers-defense#axzz387ENYOyP[/url]

Every time I watch the Steelers, I always come away feeling like Timmons is everything we could ever have hoped for. He is so steady. solid like a rock, rarely misses a tackle (can't say the same about Troy), has never got in any trouble off the field, always has the right attitude and says the right things...and yet, it doesn't seem like Steeler fan appreciates him. I don't know if I ever saw anyone wearing his jersey (not that that is the end all indicator for love, but it is somewhat of an indication of love). I just don't know why the fans don't appreciate the guy. What is missing?

Legend

User Info Menu

Because he's not a white LB from Penn State who is a local boy that everyone wanted to see on the Steelers. Plus since he was the very first #1 pick by Tomlin, he automatically becomes the whipping boy for all those who hate Tomlin and always will.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think he gets compared to other top 20 linebackers like Patrick Willis. The race card is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I also think that he's surrounded by guys that are more exciting. Deebo. Troy. They're highlight reel guys. Steady is "boring" when you're watching ESPN. He's the Jack Ham to Deebo's Jack Lambert.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    He's the Jack Ham to Deebo's Jack Lambert.
    This is probably the most accurate observation...

Because he isn't loud and he doesn't go out of his way to attract attention to himself (other than being a rock in the defense), he goes unnoticed while others seek out the attention...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    This is probably the most accurate observation...

Because he isn't loud and he doesn't go out of his way to attract attention to himself (other than being a rock in the defense), he goes unnoticed while others seek out the attention...
    Plus, he is just not that good. He is a solid, starting NFL LB. But (and someone evoked the name), he's not Patrick Willis. He doesn't make plays. He does his job "pretty well" most of the time. But he doesn't make sacks, doesn't force fumbles or make plays behind the LoS. He doesn't pick the ball more than any other LB, and his tackles aren't any more forceful either.

He is appreciated just right, for his playing ability.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

The race card is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
    If you don't believe there is more than a little element of this and same for the "hate" Tomlin gets you are being naive and haven't been reading this message board the last 3-5 years.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If you don't believe there is more than a little element of this and same for the "hate" Tomlin gets you are being naive and haven't been reading this message board the last 3-5 years.
    Not saying it isn't true. Just saying that it's absolutely retarded.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not saying it isn't true. Just saying that it's absolutely retarded.
    On that we agree. All the players are "black and gold" as far as I'm concerned. Coaches too!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    On that we agree. All the players are "black and gold" as far as I'm concerned. Coaches too!
    Hhhmmm you might be on to something!

Starter

User Info Menu

If he was more of a vocal veteran leader he'd get a lot more love I'm sure.