Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Why doesn't Timmons get more love?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I dont think hes elite...i think hes around 5-7 in ranking MLBs. But to me elite gets thrown around way to much....save that for the top 1-2, the class of the position......which still makes timmons far, far far from a wasted first round pick and a bad contract
    Not sure anyone was arguing Timmons was elite aka best of the best but he is in the top 10 IMO. Not sure why that makes him a wasted pick or overrated to some fans but I think we know why they feel that way.

The first Tomlin pick should have 200 tackles, 15 sacks, 9 ints and 6FF... and on every play we should see him making a splash.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I think they all ride it at times. Just human nature from the players, fans, media. It's just apart of the sensation of it all. I missed the part where I said this only happened to Ray.
    I'm agreeing with you...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I dont think hes elite...i think hes around 5-7 in ranking MLBs. But to me elite gets thrown around way to much....save that for the top 1-2, the class of the position......which still makes timmons far, far far from a wasted first round pick and a bad contract
    Exactly, K. For the others, so tell me who they should have drafted who was elite? (And no fair picking some super long shot that no one thought would be elite, like Tom Brady in another draft).

[url]http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2007&round=round1#round1[/url]

Looking at who was taken after LT, he was a fine, solid pick for this team. No complaints.

Rookie

User Info Menu

A few years ago, Timmons was rated the 11th best pick in the first round of the 2007 draft...

Considering he was pick #15, I'd say the Steelers got some good value...

Legend

User Info Menu

Because some people expected Timmons to be the next LT.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I know your being sarcastic trying to prove a point but I don't think the expectations for LT was even half of the productivity of the real LT.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm agreeing with you...
    Oh, I'm just so used to getting lumped up for having my own views, I'm no longer recognizing actual conversation. Sorry

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was really hoping when I first saw him play that he would have been middle linebacker. Not that I have any better insight of his capabilities, I just remember him blowing up the middle at light speed and sacking the quarterback. Maybe he doesn't have run stop abilities for the middle or not enough this or that with his body density to play the position. Obviously the Steelers know more than me but what the heck ? Take away us fans second guessing and there is little fun to this all.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I was really hoping when I first saw him play that he would have been middle linebacker. Not that I have any better insight of his capabilities, I just remember him blowing up the middle at light speed and sacking the quarterback. Maybe he doesn't have run stop abilities for the middle or not enough this or that with his body density to play the position. Obviously the Steelers know more than me but what the heck ? Take away us fans second guessing and there is little fun to this all.
    Hes really grown into a great run defender.

He was drafted to replace porter, much to our luck harrison was an unknown beast. Timmons shifting inside took advantage of his blitzing and ability to cover. It wasnt until his 3rd year he became a decent run stuffer

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Well, when you draft a linebacker whose name is Lawrence T....
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.