Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't Timmons get more love?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    And I would say Timmons and Poz are comparable players. And to be perfectly honest, if we had drafted Poz back then, you would see Poz jerseys all over Heinz Field. And I recognize he's from Penn St (and wherever he grew up locally)... I still think it illustrates the point.
    Sorry, but you are totally wrong. Pozluszny is clearly a step below Timmons. Poz=Larry Foote and not anything more.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    When is the last time you saw Timmons on a play and said to yourself 'just wow....'
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Poz had 162 tackles last year. 3 sacks, on a Jags team far worse than we were. Timmons 126 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 ints. (I know, I know, 4-3 ILB not comparable to 3-4 ILB so not quite apple to apple comparison.) But I think we all know, if Poz played in Pgh he'd be far, far more popular than LT, with any where near equal play of LT. There would be Poz jerseys all over the place - probably be a top 5 jersey in Pgh. I have yet to see a LT jersey being worn by a Steeler fan that I recall (but I don't live in WPA either, but there are tons of Steeler fans in FL). For one, the name alone is so yinzer. For another, he is white and has "the look." I guess there is more than one factor involved. Even if LT had a mean streak and played angry, he'd be more popular. But he's just a steady player, with a very middle-of-the-road, even-keeled personality. But as far as his play goes, he was one of the best players on the field for us last year. He is a very solid player.
    I dont get what you are arguing? that timmons and poz are the same or that poz is just more popular? Sure, id give the penn stater the nod in a local pageant show but racking up tackles as a 43 MLB doesnt not make him better.

Again, timmons being called soft or "not angry enough" because hes not a ranting lunatic. Its very odd

Legend

User Info Menu

The Pryor play does get too much hype. Also, any play that allows a guy to run that far untouched can not be placed at the feet of one player. However, the one player who I would have thought had outside contain is Woodley, who bit hard by chasing into the pile. Unfortunately, even had he not bit, Pryor cut it up the middle so quickly that Woodley might still be standing there in position, daring Pryor not to bring it outside.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sorry, but you are totally wrong. Pozluszny is clearly a step below Timmons. Poz=Larry Foote and not anything more.
    What are you talking about? You need to go and look at Pozluszny's production, his contract status, and his accolades (I think he made the Pro Bowl last year). He's not "clearly below" Timmons in any regard.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What are you talking about? You need to go and look at Pozluszny's production, his contract status, and his accolades (I think he made the Pro Bowl last year). He's not "clearly below" Timmons in any regard.
    Hes below in every regard. Hes a good player, but limited nonetheless

Legend

User Info Menu

I think you have to look beyond the tackle numbers...

how many are made 5 yards down field, where is the D ranked, etc...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Poz makes alot of tackles after be dragged 2 yards.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Stick Poz on our D, and it'll still rank Top 10 all day. Stick Timmons on JAX D, and he will not move that needle much, if at all. Look, I'm not saying that I don't like Timmons... or that I'm a Poz guy. I like Timmons. And I prefer Timmons to Poz. But I'm not going to act like Timmons is head & shoulders better than Poz. That is simply not true.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Stick Poz on our D, and it'll still rank Top 10 all day. Stick Timmons on JAX D, and he will not move that needle much, if at all. Look, I'm not saying that I don't like Timmons... or that I'm a Poz guy. I like Timmons. And I prefer Timmons to Poz. But I'm not going to act like Timmons is head & shoulders better than Poz. That is simply not true.
    It really is true though. Poz is more of an old school, down hill LBer and I thought he would be great second round pick that year but his game is pretty limited.

Timmons would absolutely be a pro bowler as a WILL backer in a 43, thats the role he was meant to play. He grew into being a hell of a 34 MLB but he was a great WILL prospect

Timmons is very explosive, give you a lot of freedom with how you use him with his speed, and is very good at reading a play. I cannot think of one thing poz does better, and to me that means timmons IS head and shoulders better than poz