Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 120

Thread: Why doesn't Timmons get more love?

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,144
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    He's good.... he's just not very good. I prefer the very good. Good or average gets you an 8-8 record or close to it.
    Timmons isn't why we were 8-8; he is why we weren't 6-10 or worse. I believe that. When things are not going well, it's not your best players' fault, it's probably your worst. We weren't better because:

    1.) Play calling was horrid early on.
    2.) OL play was horrid early on.
    3.) Adams and Gilbert among the worst draft picks last few years.
    4.) D was weaker most of year, with weaker DL play than usual, a non-impactful pass rush, weak play from Clark, 1 ILB was a late round rookie, etc.

  2. #92
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    You sound foolish
    Sorry you don't like it....I'd rather sound foolish than be a fool.

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    And only a shade under a decade....
    Because the defense was totally devoid of leadership when he first got there, right?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

  4. #94
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,655
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Sorry you don't like it....I'd rather sound foolish than be a fool.
    you failed

  5. #95
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    you failed
    You are just another cow in the herd. Just because someone disagrees with the herd doesn't mean their incorrect. Speaking of cows, I'm kind of hungry for a burger. Maybe we need to slaughter a few of these cows.

  6. #96
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,655
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    You are just another cow in the herd. Just because someone disagrees with the herd doesn't mean their incorrect. Speaking of cows, I'm kind of hungry for a burger. Maybe we need to slaughter a few of these cows.
    you failed

  7. #97
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    you failed
    Is that all you got? If that is all you can contribute, you might as well go post elsewhere, please. Maybe I'll just swap Crash's ban and assign it to you. Hell, he can provide better insight... Maybe, it's because he's white and probably has a Polish or Italian name?

  8. #98
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,655
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Is that all you got? If that is all you can contribute, you might as well go post elsewhere, please. Maybe I'll just swap Crash's ban and assign it to you. Hell, he can provide better insight... Maybe, it's because he's white and probably has a Polish or Italian name?
    childish as well...

    you gonna take the ball and go home because you failed to prove your point about Timmons?

    Wow, that is extremely petty but so is the Timmons hate.

  9. #99
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    There isn't a point to prove dude. Educate yourself. He's good... nothing more .... nothing less.

    I expect more. I expect a bit more of Tomlin's "splash plays". That was one of the reasons he was drafted. His speed is overrrated especially after his addition of 20 pounds. He needed the 20 pounds and additional strength to stop getting trucked on the inside. Just because people like you wasted $100 to have his jersey doesn't make him better than what he is. Is he a bust? Absolutey not..... Is he a pro bowler? A consistent playmaker? No. He's middle of road. Yes, he's one of our better players on defense right now but that isn't saying much. This defense needs players better than Timmons like Heyward. This defense needs "splash plays". The same plays that Timmons was drafted 7 years ago to provide and he hasn't lived up to expectations.

  10. #100
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,655
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    There isn't a point to prove dude. Educate yourself. He's good... nothing more .... nothing less.

    I expect more. I expect a bit more of Tomlin's "splash plays". That was one of the reasons he was drafted. His speed is overrrated especially after his addition of 20 pounds. He needed the 20 pounds and additional strength to stop getting trucked on the inside. Just because people like you wasted $100 to have his jersey doesn't make him better than what he is. Is he a bust? Absolutey not..... Is he a pro bowler? A consistent playmaker? No. He's middle of road. Yes, he's one of our better players on defense right now but that isn't saying much. This defense needs players better than Timmons like Heyward. This defense needs "splash plays". The same plays that Timmons was drafted 7 years ago to provide and he hasn't lived up to expectations.
    Thank goodness he lived up to our FO's expectations...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •