Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't Timmons get more love?

Rookie

User Info Menu

No matter what he does, Timmons will never be good enough for certain people...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    sick beats summed it up perfectly.

It's Tomlins first pick so he will always get dragged through the mud.

Legend

User Info Menu

When Timmons was first drafted, he should have told the likes of James Farrior and James Harrison and Aaron Smith and Casey Hampton to stfu because it was his team now and he was going to lead it.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I know, but it puzzles me as to why. I think it is due to many of the points raised in this thread.

1. Dislike of Tomlin makes some wish failure on him; LT is his signature draft pick.
    2. Not white with a polish or Italian last name.
    3. Doesn't have much of a personality.
    4. Isn't overly nasty.
    5. Doesn't smile much.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    sick beats summed it up perfectly.

It's Tomlins first pick so he will always get dragged through the mud.

omg.... Can we get some cheese with that wine. Maybe a little violin playing please?

By the way, I thought it was Colbert's draft.... no wait, it's only Colbert's fault when players don't work out. I forgot.

Administrator

User Info Menu

He's good.... he's just not very good. I prefer the very good. Good or average gets you an 8-8 record or close to it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    omg.... Can we get some cheese with that wine. Maybe a little violin playing please?

By the way, I thought it was Colbert's draft.... no wait, it's only Colbert's fault when players don't work out. I forgot.
    You ate all the cheese and wine a few pages back and your violin needs some new strings.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He's good.... he's just not very good. I prefer the very good. Good or average gets you an 8-8 record or close to it.
    Thats what you are going with? For a middle linebacker? Interesting....well since the niners drafted willis they have won 57/112 games (50.8%) and have had 3 losing seasons and a superbowl loss

Since the steelers drafted Timmons they have won 68/112 games (61%), no losing season, a superbowl win

So maybe, just maybe, your theory is moronic

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Thats what you are going with? For a middle linebacker? Interesting....well since the niners drafted willis they have won 57/112 games (50.8%) and have had 3 losing seasons and a superbowl loss

Since the steelers drafted Timmons they have won 68/112 games (61%), no losing season, a superbowl win

So maybe, just maybe, your theory is moronic
    His surrounding cast was a lot better than. When your "best defensive player" is a little above average... you start getting average seasons.

Legend

User Info Menu

His surrounding cast was a lot better than. When your "best defensive player" is a little above average... you start getting average seasons.
    You sound foolish