Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't Timmons get more love?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

Really?? a tackle from 4 years ago...??? has it been that long?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

there isn't to many of those to choose from over his 7 year career.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    there isn't to many of those to choose from over his 7 year career.
    Timmons has made a lot of tackles over the years...

Its like asking how many times has JH done this to a WR?

People here complaining about Timmons are literally picking the fly $hit out of the pepper. The guy has been the Steelers most consistent defensive player for years. He rarely screws up on the field, is a super hard worker in practice (according to coaches and teammates), and is never involved in off-field issues.

Complaining about him is agenda driven BS.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    People here complaining about Timmons are literally picking the fly $hit out of the pepper. The guy has been the Steelers most consistent defensive player for years. He rarely screws up on the field, is a super hard worker in practice (according to coaches and teammates), and is never involved in off-field issues.

Complaining about him is agenda driven BS.
    Right on the mark!!!!!!
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    The Pryor play does get too much hype. Also, any play that allows a guy to run that far untouched can not be placed at the feet of one player. However, the one player who I would have thought had outside contain is Woodley, who bit hard by chasing into the pile. Unfortunately, even had he not bit, Pryor cut it up the middle so quickly that Woodley might still be standing there in position, daring Pryor not to bring it outside.
    You might know that I've been harder on Woodley than almost anyone the past few seasons...but according to this article, Woodley was just doing his job on that particular play:

October 30, 2013 by Mark Kaboly

Things aren’t always as they appear, and Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley has to be thrilled about that.

On Terrelle Pryor’s record-breaking 93-yard touchdown run on the first play of last week’s 21-18 loss to Oakland, it sure appeared that Woodley was one of the main, if not the main, culprit.

Turns out he wasn’t. In fact, he was just doing his job.

How the defense was called, Woodley’s responsibility on that particular play was to attack the running back regardless if he actually had the ball or not – a very common practice when defending the read option (Jason Worilds did the same thing in the second half).

Woodley acknowledged such during Wednesday’s open locker room.

“My responsibility on that play was to go down and take the running back,” Woodley said. “My focus on that play wasn’t even to look at the quarterback.”

If it wasn’t Woodley’s fault, then whose fault was it?

Well, Woodley wouldn’t say anything specific except “everybody has a responsibility.”

The blame lies with a handful of players – Troy Polamalu not getting off his block, even though he had outside contain, and Ryan Clark for biting so badly on the pulling right guard. But the main responsibility for the quarterback was linebacker Lawrence Timmons.

Timmons (as seen in the photo) jumped the run-action and is taken out of the play when he gets caught up in the scrum at the line of scrimmage and eventually falls to the ground.

“It was just a mistake and those things happen in games,” Woodley said. “It ended up happening and it cost us.”

Read more: http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/...#axzz38IONBufD

See also this article, where Timmons takes responsibility for the play: http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...n_him/14925347

Good on him for owning up to his mistake...he rarely makes those kinds of errors.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 07-23-2014 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post

See also this article, where Timmons takes responsibility for the play: http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...n_him/14925347

Good on him for owning up to his mistake...he rarely makes those kinds of errors.
    You're exactly right. To focus on this team's single most stable defensive player for making one of his rare mistakes is crazy to me. It just screams of an agenda. Sure he may not be everyone's favorite player, but it's really difficult to look at this defense objectively and not realize Timmons is their most consistently good player. Plus, the guy's only missed 2 games in his entire 7-year career! 2 games! That's nuts!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

For that matter, when was the last time you remember a "Wow" play from James Farrior? I personally can't remember anything that sticks out in particular in my memory, and Potsie was a great ILB for us for many years.

Pro Bowler
    For that matter, when was the last time you remember a "Wow" play from James Farrior? I personally can't remember anything that sticks out in particular in my memory, and Potsie was a great ILB for us for many years.
    One time he ripped through the oline and speared carson palmer, who then laid motionless for a few minutes

<3

How about a 'wow' year like in 2004 where he was arguably deserving of the NFL's DPOY.