Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't Timmons get more love?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    There isn't a point to prove dude. Educate yourself. He's good... nothing more .... nothing less.

I expect more. I expect a bit more of Tomlin's "splash plays". That was one of the reasons he was drafted. His speed is overrrated especially after his addition of 20 pounds. He needed the 20 pounds and additional strength to stop getting trucked on the inside. Just because people like you wasted $100 to have his jersey doesn't make him better than what he is. Is he a bust? Absolutey not..... Is he a pro bowler? A consistent playmaker? No. He's middle of road. Yes, he's one of our better players on defense right now but that isn't saying much. This defense needs players better than Timmons like Heyward. This defense needs "splash plays". The same plays that Timmons was drafted 7 years ago to provide and he hasn't lived up to expectations.
    Most accurate description of Timmons. To me he is just average or basically good... How many times after a game have you heard someone say, glad we have Timmons on the field, great number one draft pick ? For those with their Steeler rose colored glasses I'll give you a prop and say he's good even though I feel he's a notch above average. As for a number one pick, the money, time invested in him, he is now just back to being average. Number one picks should put this kind of talk to rest once they are drafted and they show their worth....... hasn't happened yet with Timmons... He's a waste of a number one pick. I laugh when someone said because he's not white......... Give it a freaking rest with the racial crap....! Not everything is about racial issues.... Also, since the Steelers front office drafted him, signed him and that we as fans are not scouts, ex players this, is not a discussion board for us. So my apologies to those who feel offended that, as a fan I have a different view from your expert selves.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Most accurate description of Timmons. To me he is just average or basically good... How many times after a game have you heard someone say, glad we have Timmons on the field, great number one draft pick ? For those with their Steeler rose colored glasses I'll give you a prop and say he's good even though I feel he's a notch above average. As for a number one pick, the money, time invested in him, he is now just back to being average. Number one picks should put this kind of talk to rest once they are drafted and they show their worth....... hasn't happened yet with Timmons... He's a waste of a number one pick. I laugh when someone said because he's not white......... Give it a freaking rest with the racial crap....! Not everything is about racial issues.... Also, since the Steelers front office drafted him, signed him and that we as fans are not scouts, ex players this, is not a discussion board for us. So my apologies to those who feel offended that, as a fan I have a different view from your expert selves.
    *updates data base*

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Timmons looked like Polz, and had the exact same play/stats, he'd be loved in Pgh. There is nothing wrong with admitting reality.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wasn't there a season where he basically outperformed Ray Ray but was overlooked because he didn't dance when it came to pro bowl voting?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jazz hands got many votes I believe from the hype and the media attention. He was good but they would give this guy credit for sacks, tackles only after he dog piled at times. It happens with these icon players.. The media people create an illusion about them that suffocates the truth. Not to say Ray wasn't a good player and all that but, he was riding his fame at times.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've still yet to hear from the timmons fanboys how he is considered "elite"

Good to very good, yes. Elite?

Hell no, but I guess that makes me a racist

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I've still yet to hear from the timmons fanboys how he is considered "elite"

Good to very good yes. Elite?

Hell no, but I guess that makes me a racist
    It does...

Sarcasm ^^^

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I dont think hes elite...i think hes around 5-7 in ranking MLBs. But to me elite gets thrown around way to much....save that for the top 1-2, the class of the position......which still makes timmons far, far far from a wasted first round pick and a bad contract

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Jazz hands got many votes I believe from the hype and the media attention. He was good but they would give this guy credit for sacks, tackles only after he dog piled at times. It happens with these icon players.. The media people create an illusion about them that suffocates the truth. Not to say Ray wasn't a good player and all that but, he was riding his fame at times.
    Who doesn't ride their fame? Ben isnt elite on every play, Heath isnt elite every year, Troy doesn't show out every game...

The truth is Ray is a HOFer...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think they all ride it at times. Just human nature from the players, fans, media. It's just apart of the sensation of it all. I missed the part where I said this only happened to Ray.