Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: All indications: the wing tip has been raised

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    you care more about your Michael Sam... I mean, Mike Tomlin than you do about the success of the team.
    You pretty well put things where you are coming from resorting to homophobic remarks. Why not throw in a few "Uncle Tom's" while your trying to get more than two brain cells to fire at once.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    im pretty sure he could go 8-8 for at least 5 years...man wouldnt that be frustrating

Also, id have to think about who the next HC would be....a ton of the big recent up and coming HC candidates have jobs already. Who would be on deck?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    im pretty sure he could go 8-8 for at least 5 years...man wouldnt that be frustrating

Also, id have to think about who the next HC would be....a ton of the big recent up and coming HC candidates have jobs already. Who would be on deck?
    ...and alot of the last group of "up and coming HC candidates" have recently been fired after less than 5 years. If Tomlin was ever fired, he would be the hottest coaching candidate on the market and would have his choice of any available job. Why would we get rid of someone like that?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...and alot of the last group of "up and coming HC candidates" have recently been fired after less than 5 years. If Tomlin was ever fired, he would be the hottest coaching candidate on the market and would have his choice of any available job. Why would we get rid of someone like that?
    Truth, hed be unemployed for a day

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

THANK YOU FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. WE HAVE SOMEONE THAT HAS THE BALLS TO ANSWER THE FREAKING QUESTION.

Personally, I would really want the change if he went 8-8 two more years. You have a franchise QB, a potential HOFer, and A LOT of talent on this roster that is now (finally) young. IMO, you shouldn't be satisfied with 4 straight 8-8 seasons.

Pro Bowler
    THANK YOU FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. WE HAVE SOMEONE THAT HAS THE BALLS TO ANSWER THE FREAKING QUESTION.

Personally, I would really want the change if he went 8-8 two more years. You have a franchise QB, a potential HOFer, and A LOT of talent on this roster that is now (finally) young. IMO, you shouldn't be satisfied with 4 straight 8-8 seasons.
    we are all so spoiled now though. What if he went 1 and done in the playoffs for the next 3 years? Most teams would kill to make the playoffs 3 years in a row but in pittsburgh tomlin isnt judged by his regular season record, his playoff appearences, or his playoff wins. Its superbowls or nothing.

The steelers havent been in the superbowl in over 3 years...boohoo us right?

Id like to see ben get at least 1 more ring, id also like to see him never have a losing season. But who knows now, time is running short for him
    Last edited by K Train; 07-22-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Do none of you have the damn balls just to answer the question directly? How many continuous 8-8 seasons are you willing to accept before a HC change? It's a very very simple question.
    If I believe I have the right guy for the job I can live with more than two that's for sure. At some point my patience may run out, but I can't put a number on it, because it hasn't happened and I don't know the circumstances under which they go 8-8 year after year and that could potentially make a difference. Even though the Steelers didn't make the playoffs last year it isn't like they mailed it in, so as long as the team is playing hard you live with it until you can improve the roster. Only fans and mediots that don't like Tomlin believe that there was dissension in the locker room, Tomlin lost the team, lacked discipline, etc.

If the Steelers would let Tomlin go as many would like he'd be unemployed for 5 minutes. He's respected around the league by peers, players and management, Mike Tomlin has a job in the NFL until he says he doesn't want one, IMO and I hope it's with the Steelers.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Legend
    I could do 2 more .500 before looking for a new coach and this would have to be 2 more .500 season's with a decent/healthy roster.

If we lost a key player like Ben, AB or Timmons I wouldn't hold that season against him.

Pro Bowler
    If Tomlin continues to field teams that start 0-4 and 2-6, he will be in trouble. As more time passes from the Cowher-built teams. he better show some upswing or it will appear that all MT did was win one ring with Cowher's team. He really needs to show progress this year. To be fair, being the youngest coach to win a SB, he did need some time to learn some things, regardless of initial success. I believe he's had to work through a broken locker room (2012), lack of leadership problems. He never had to face those things before and he had to learn how to fix them. The team he inherited was stacked with leaders across the board, making the head coaching job far easier.

I keep hearing Franchise QB this and that from 09 but that same franchise QB was 80% of the reason we missed the playoffs. Last year 0-4 was almost directly his fault with plenty of TO, the same can also be said when he came back from injury the second half two seasons ago. So I don't see the reason he keep saying how many losing season s with a Franchise Qb. But to answer you question 2 more sub par seasons and then you pull the trigger.
    Last edited by Steelhere10; 07-22-2014 at 05:02 PM.