Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two - IT

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Was going to mention the same thing. He is over a year removed from being the player in these highlights. Not expecting much from Tuitt early on.
    He was hurt last year so 2012 was more indicative of what 2 it can do. I am confident he will return to form; why not?

Like this pick for a few reasons. First I believe 5T was a position of need and Tuitt is exactly what you want in that position. Quickness,ball awareness very good size at 6'5 1/2 312 or so. Secondly he had shown signs of being a higher draft pick surely a 1st rounder if not for the injury and weight gain issue as a jr. He is healthy now and his weight which I believe got to almost 330 is back to where it was when he was on top of his game in 12.
    I'll be watching the d line closely at Latrobe next week. Lets hope we like what we see.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Like this pick for a few reasons. First I believe 5T was a position of need and Tuitt is exactly what you want in that position. Quickness,ball awareness very good size at 6'5 1/2 312 or so. Secondly he had shown signs of being a higher draft pick surely a 1st rounder if not for the injury and weight gain issue as a jr. He is healthy now and his weight which I believe got to almost 330 is back to where it was when he was on top of his game in 12.
    I'll be watching the d line closely at Latrobe next week. Lets hope we like what we see.
    If we end up with a solid NT (not sure if we will or not, we will see) out DL will be it's best since 2005 or 1995. I think these guys are going to actually get to the QB, more than we are used to seeing in our 3-4, and that will be a major luxury. 2-it really is quite perfect for the 3-4. Typically, I want us taking DE's later than the 2nd, but I am just fine with them spending a mid 2 on 2-it. He is gonna go beast mode. I think that DL is gonna make us all feel like chillin, like Wale.

Tuitt and Heyward are guys who will stay on the line in a nickel or dime defense while an NT will come off...

They are guys with the size and length to play 5T but also with the motor to get after the QB on passing downs...in the new pass happy NFL, I have no problem expending premium picks on three-down DL...