Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Can Johnny Manziel Heat Up Steelers And Browns Rivalry?

Yeah I don't think even Manziel can start against the Steelers and win in his first NFL start. At this point, Manziel would be the easier of the two to face.

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I'm definitely not relieved;I'd rather the Steelers play against a rookie than a veteran.

Pappy
    Brian Hoyer grew up in Cleveland and played high school ball just about a beer bottles throw away from Cleveland Stadium. If someone is going to heat up the rivalry this guy is sure gonna give it his all.

Maybe Manziel is more talented than Hoyer, but yeah, I'd rather see the inexperienced, 20-dollar-bill-rolling rookie than a guy who would love beat the Steelers on their own turf.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah I don't think even Manziel can start against the Steelers and win in his first NFL start. At this point, Manziel would be the easier of the two to face.
    Not just easier, but more exciting too. I kind of wish he was starting but it looks doubtful, unless he tears it up so much in preseason that he leaves them no choice. I doubt it, being that CLE is practically chastising him every week.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    They'll probably implement a "Johnny Football package" of plays he knows well for him to come in and run, even if they are starting Hoyer.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    They'll probably implement a "Johnny Football package" of plays he knows well for him to come in and run, even if they are starting Hoyer.
    I would guess so as well.

Id be surprsied if hes not the starter week one