Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Johnny Manziel Heat Up Steelers And Browns Rivalry?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    That's a fair comparison although I was thinking more along the lines of Manziel becoming the next Kordell Stewart.
    I'm sorry but I don't see that comparison. Stewart wasn't the thrower Manziel is...and will be.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    He's too puffed up. I predict a big fail. Ryan Leaf 2.0
    This is my only concern for Manziel. I don't know many guys that have that kind of ego who remain that way. I suspect one of two things will happen...he will either party himself out of the league...or he will have an event/s that make him reassess his life and he grows/matures into a good QB and human being.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And I can recall successful NFL QBs having games and D's they struggled against.

That's why it's important to look at the tools. Tebow had the heart, he had the mobility, he had the confidence but he didn't have the physical tools to be great. Going into the draft few scouts liked his mechanics. Manziel is the anti-Tebow when it comes to humility but he has all those intangible tools to be great along with a gifted arm. He has good mechanics, makes all the throws, and is even better throwing on the run.

Even on a horrible Browns O, you will see the flashes of Manziel that will let you know that you have something special in this kid. He does things I haven't seen anyone else do including Vick. His field vision is one of the best I have seen.

I stick by my analysis that Manziel is the next great hated. He will be a thorn in the side of the Steelers for years to come. If they can surround him with some WR talent it could be a special football generation in Cleveland. And personally, I want that. I want that for Browns fans who I have come to respect. And I want it for Steeler fans because this team needs that rivalry...wants that rivalry.
    one thing you are doing is giving the browns way to much credit to build anything that resembles a good team. As of right now their incompetence can be counted on

Legend

User Info Menu

K, you make a valid point. With that said, what this team has lacked for many many years is a franchise QB. They haven't had that since Kosar.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Vick? Kordell? Don't y'all know that just like every undersized white gym rat WR will forever be compared to Wes Welker instead of, say, a Steve Smith or a Troy Brown, every undersized white athletic QB must only be compared to Doug Flutie (or if you are old, Fran Tarkenton)?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Vick? Kordell? Don't y'all know that just like every undersized white gym rat WR will forever be compared to Wes Welker instead of, say, a Steve Smith or a Troy Brown, every undersized white athletic QB must only be compared to Doug Flutie (or if you are old, Fran Tarkenton)?
    Sorry, I forgot about that rule. Once I tried to compare Cam Newton to Big Ben and it got shot down on those same grounds so I really should know better.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Sorry, I forgot about that rule. Once I tried to compare Cam Newton to Big Ben and it got shot down on those same grounds so I really should know better.
    And don't forget to only compare black punters who wear wristwatches on the field to Reggie Roby, dammit!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    K, you make a valid point. With that said, what this team has lacked for many many years is a franchise QB. They haven't had that since Kosar.
    For being bad for so long and having some #1 overall picks and drafting outside of the top 10 what once? twice? in the last decade...the sheer odds alone would make you think they would have stumbled on at least a decent QB by now but they have been unlucky with the first round guys Couch, Quinn, Weeden, unsuccessful grooming the mid round guys Mccoy, Frye, and unsuccessful with the ridiculous amount of journeymen

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    For being bad for so long and having some #1 overall picks and drafting outside of the top 10 what once? twice? in the last decade...the sheer odds alone would make you think they would have stumbled on at least a decent QB by now but they have been unlucky with the first round guys Couch, Quinn, Weeden, unsuccessful grooming the mid round guys Mccoy, Frye, and unsuccessful with the ridiculous amount of journeymen
    I still think it's weird that Quinn, Weeden, and Manziel were all taken with pick #22, and it was their second 1st round pick each time (Joe Thomas with 1.3 before Brady Quinn at 1.22 in 2007, Trent Richardson with 1.3 before Brandon Weeden at 1.22 in 2012, and Justin Gilbert at 1.8 before Johnny Manziel at 1.22 in 2014).

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I still think it's weird that Quinn, Weeden, and Manziel were all taken with pick #22, and it was their second 1st round pick each time (Joe Thomas with 1.3 before Brady Quinn at 1.22 in 2007, Trent Richardson with 1.3 before Brandon Weeden at 1.22 in 2012, and Justin Gilbert at 1.8 before Johnny Manziel at 1.22 in 2014).
    That is pretty weird, and really bad karma too.