Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Johnny Manziel Heat Up Steelers And Browns Rivalry?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

The Steelers, Browns rivalry is serious business to Browns cornerback Joe Haden.

It's non-existent to the Steelers.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Thank God Joe Haden didn't ruin that kid's Hines Ward jersey.

Report: Johnny Manziel’s off-field actions have “alarmed” Browns

Posted by Mike Wilkening on July 25, 2014

At the outset of training camp comes a published report indicating the Browns’ organization is concerned about Johnny Manziel’s offseason off-field activities.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, citing unnamed sources, reported Friday the Browns were “alarmed” by a few of Manziel’s off-field actions since joining the organization, with the now-infamous dollar bill picture particularly of concern to the club.

Moreover, the Plain Dealer reports that Manziel’s play in OTAs “regressed” as the workouts went on — and that members of the organization believed it could be chalked up to Manziel not being diligent enough in his work.

What’s more, the Plain Dealer, citing sources, reported that some in the organization believed Manziel had “lost ground” in the battle to beat out Brian Hoyer for the starting job.

In more positive news for Manziel, the Plain Dealer reported that Manziel practiced well on Thursday. But it’s clear Manziel’s first professional offseason didn’t exactly go as some in the organization as hoped. Now, it’s on the Browns’ first-round pick to prove any discussion of his off-field habits is much ado about nothing.

But for now, before the games have begun, it is definitely much ado about something — especially when there’s now a report from one of the club’s long-time beat writers indicating there’s concern he wasn’t putting in the necessary time this offseason.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...larmed-browns/

Hall of Famer
    Manziel had better learn quickly that a QB that doesn't put in the time to be a winner will quickly lose the confidence of his teammates.

Plus, an opposing defense would like nothing better than to show a rookie QB he just aint all that......

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Manziel had better learn quickly that a QB that doesn't put in the time to be a winner will quickly lose the confidence of his teammates.

Plus, an opposing defense would like nothing better than to show a rookie QB he just aint all that......
    Since when has this guy illustrated he won't put in the time? So he has some fun and LIVES on his time off. Off with his head for being a human being. If I was 21 with his opportunities to party and do fun things, I'd be right there. Why not? What's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Since when has this guy illustrated he won't put in the time? So he has some fun and LIVES on his time off. Off with his head for being a human being. If I was 21 with his opportunities to party and do fun things, I'd be right there. Why not? What's the problem?
    No problem, he wasn't arrested and he hasn't set foot on an NFL field in a live game. The first time he plays and doesn't do well this will be brought up again by the mediots. It would have been prudent to try and get to your first training camp without incident. He couldn't put his "living" on hold or at least tone it down a bit for one summer? I have no idea where his career will end up, but rest assured there are people waiting for him to stumble.

Pittsburgh fans have been chastising Ben for "living" his life in the off-season, from the Hyabusa, to the night club incident, to the hotel room accusation, to statements or lack of statements about Haley for a long time. Getting caught rolling a dollar bill or whatever denomination it was to do some coke presumably isn't going to sit well.

The light shines bright on quarterbacks and particularly those that ciome with high expectations.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler
    From everything ive heard he lived and breathed A&M football last year

Pro Bowler
    It looks like it's unlikely we will face Johnny week one; he isn't taking any snaps with the first teamers. Unless that changes, he won't be under center week 1. I don't know if I am relieved or bummed out.

It looks like it's unlikely we will face Johnny week one; he isn't taking any snaps with the first teamers. Unless that changes, he won't be under center week 1. I don't know if I am relieved or bummed out.
    I'm definitely not relieved;I'd rather the Steelers play against a rookie than a veteran.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll