Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Johnny Manziel Heat Up Steelers And Browns Rivalry?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    K, you make a valid point. With that said, what this team has lacked for many many years is a franchise QB. They haven't had that since Kosar.
    No, what they've had are franchise qb's destroyed by being a Brown.
    They've had talent at the qb position, just no direction. They haven't developed anyone and it's destroyed every qb they've had since Couch.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    Whew, good thing for Cleveland that LSU isnt in the NFL
    I think the point is that in the NFL, you HAVE to be a good pocket passer. LSU exposed Manziel as having issues when throwing from the pocket.

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

Colt McCoy showed promise, IMO. Weeden looked decent, too. Not sure what they are hoping for.

They're just screwed.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    I agree with Merril Hoge's take on Manziel" He has absolutely no instinct or feel for pocket awareness. He has an instinct to run. That's a bad instinct if you're going to have that in the National Football League. You have to play in the pocket with traffic around you and throw it. When traffic comes around him, he runs, and that's dangerous in the National Football League. His skill set does not transition to the National Football League, and it is a big, big risk. In fact, I see bust written all over him, especially if he's drafted in the first round."
    Which isn't the assessment of most NFL scouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And I think that is the the problem most have with Manziel. They want to see him fail...want him humbled.
    I don't care if he fails or is successful other than if he's successful that isn't good for the Steelers. I'm not a fan of the "check me out" gang whether they're Steelers or other. Wasn't a fan of Santonio even when he was scoring TDs for the Steelers, I was thankful that he did, but not a fan of the self promotion. That's where I'm at with Manziel, he's done nothing in the NFL and you'd think he's an established veteran based on media outlets love for him. One thing is for sure, come September we'll all get to find out, because I don't think it will be too long before he's playing regardless of what the coaching staff says about his place on the depth chart.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I don't care if he fails or is successful other than if he's successful that isn't good for the Steelers. I'm not a fan of the "check me out" gang whether they're Steelers or other. Wasn't a fan of Santonio even when he was scoring TDs for the Steelers, I was thankful that he did, but not a fan of the self promotion. That's where I'm at with Manziel, he's done nothing in the NFL and you'd think he's an established veteran based on media outlets love for him. One thing is for sure, come September we'll all get to find out, because I don't think it will be too long before he's playing regardless of what the coaching staff says about his place on the depth chart.

Pappy
    I agree. And I don't disagree about the hype and the ego. I doubt he starts day 1. But, I do believe the first time their starter struggles...and he will...they will hear the chants for money phone and will put him in. We will get to find out if he can hang.

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Colt McCoy showed promise, IMO. Weeden looked decent, too. Not sure what they are hoping for.

They're just screwed.
    Heck, Hoyer looked good for them before he got hurt. While it's a good chance he'll start the year, one sub-par game will have the dawgs clamoring for the newbie.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Heck, Hoyer looked good for them before he got hurt. While it's a good chance he'll start the year, one sub-par game will have the dawgs clamoring for the newbie.
    Losing your #1 wideout is a heck of a blow though (no pun intended)

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    I agree with Merril Hoge's take on Manziel" He has absolutely no instinct or feel for pocket awareness. He has an instinct to run. That's a bad instinct if you're going to have that in the National Football League. You have to play in the pocket with traffic around you and throw it. When traffic comes around him, he runs, and that's dangerous in the National Football League. His skill set does not transition to the National Football League, and it is a big, big risk. In fact, I see bust written all over him, especially if he's drafted in the first round."
    Manziel is a classic boom or bust player. else why would it have taken the Cleveland Browns to finally nab him at 1.22? Enough teams had serious questions (teams that had need at QB) that they didn't bother to take a chance.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Hoyer looked OK...not quite the hero he was billed up to be

It was also Norvs/Chuds offense that he was a good fit to run