Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 143

Thread: Can Johnny Manziel Heat Up Steelers And Browns Rivalry?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    That's a fair comparison although I was thinking more along the lines of Manziel becoming the next Kordell Stewart.
    I'm sorry but I don't see that comparison. Stewart wasn't the thrower Manziel is...and will be.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    He's too puffed up. I predict a big fail. Ryan Leaf 2.0
    This is my only concern for Manziel. I don't know many guys that have that kind of ego who remain that way. I suspect one of two things will happen...he will either party himself out of the league...or he will have an event/s that make him reassess his life and he grows/matures into a good QB and human being.

  3. #23
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And I can recall successful NFL QBs having games and D's they struggled against.

    That's why it's important to look at the tools. Tebow had the heart, he had the mobility, he had the confidence but he didn't have the physical tools to be great. Going into the draft few scouts liked his mechanics. Manziel is the anti-Tebow when it comes to humility but he has all those intangible tools to be great along with a gifted arm. He has good mechanics, makes all the throws, and is even better throwing on the run.

    Even on a horrible Browns O, you will see the flashes of Manziel that will let you know that you have something special in this kid. He does things I haven't seen anyone else do including Vick. His field vision is one of the best I have seen.

    I stick by my analysis that Manziel is the next great hated. He will be a thorn in the side of the Steelers for years to come. If they can surround him with some WR talent it could be a special football generation in Cleveland. And personally, I want that. I want that for Browns fans who I have come to respect. And I want it for Steeler fans because this team needs that rivalry...wants that rivalry.
    one thing you are doing is giving the browns way to much credit to build anything that resembles a good team. As of right now their incompetence can be counted on

  4. #24
    K, you make a valid point. With that said, what this team has lacked for many many years is a franchise QB. They haven't had that since Kosar.

  5. #25
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,503
    Vick? Kordell? Don't y'all know that just like every undersized white gym rat WR will forever be compared to Wes Welker instead of, say, a Steve Smith or a Troy Brown, every undersized white athletic QB must only be compared to Doug Flutie (or if you are old, Fran Tarkenton)?

  6. #26
    Backup Notleadpoisoned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NotPittsburgh
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Vick? Kordell? Don't y'all know that just like every undersized white gym rat WR will forever be compared to Wes Welker instead of, say, a Steve Smith or a Troy Brown, every undersized white athletic QB must only be compared to Doug Flutie (or if you are old, Fran Tarkenton)?
    Sorry, I forgot about that rule. Once I tried to compare Cam Newton to Big Ben and it got shot down on those same grounds so I really should know better.

  7. #27
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Sorry, I forgot about that rule. Once I tried to compare Cam Newton to Big Ben and it got shot down on those same grounds so I really should know better.
    And don't forget to only compare black punters who wear wristwatches on the field to Reggie Roby, dammit!

  8. #28
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    K, you make a valid point. With that said, what this team has lacked for many many years is a franchise QB. They haven't had that since Kosar.
    For being bad for so long and having some #1 overall picks and drafting outside of the top 10 what once? twice? in the last decade...the sheer odds alone would make you think they would have stumbled on at least a decent QB by now but they have been unlucky with the first round guys Couch, Quinn, Weeden, unsuccessful grooming the mid round guys Mccoy, Frye, and unsuccessful with the ridiculous amount of journeymen

  9. #29
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,503
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    For being bad for so long and having some #1 overall picks and drafting outside of the top 10 what once? twice? in the last decade...the sheer odds alone would make you think they would have stumbled on at least a decent QB by now but they have been unlucky with the first round guys Couch, Quinn, Weeden, unsuccessful grooming the mid round guys Mccoy, Frye, and unsuccessful with the ridiculous amount of journeymen
    I still think it's weird that Quinn, Weeden, and Manziel were all taken with pick #22, and it was their second 1st round pick each time (Joe Thomas with 1.3 before Brady Quinn at 1.22 in 2007, Trent Richardson with 1.3 before Brandon Weeden at 1.22 in 2012, and Justin Gilbert at 1.8 before Johnny Manziel at 1.22 in 2014).

  10. #30
    Backup Notleadpoisoned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NotPittsburgh
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I still think it's weird that Quinn, Weeden, and Manziel were all taken with pick #22, and it was their second 1st round pick each time (Joe Thomas with 1.3 before Brady Quinn at 1.22 in 2007, Trent Richardson with 1.3 before Brandon Weeden at 1.22 in 2012, and Justin Gilbert at 1.8 before Johnny Manziel at 1.22 in 2014).
    That is pretty weird, and really bad karma too.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •