Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Can Johnny Manziel Heat Up Steelers And Browns Rivalry?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    It shows in the history of success that rookie QBs have had against Lebeau's Ds.
    This is true...

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Dick LeBeau will be “very surprised” if Johnny Manziel doesn’t play

Posted by Josh Alper on September 5, 2014

Browns offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan said this week that he’s excited to see quarterback Johnny Manziel play in a regular season game and the Steelers think that Shanahan will give himself that excitement on Sunday.

We’ve already heard safety Troy Polamalu and coach Mike Tomlin talk about their expectation that they’ll be facing the first-round pick in the season opener and now defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau has weighed in as well.

“I’ll be very surprised if we don’t see him,” LeBeau said, via USA Today. “He was one of the top football players in the nation. You look at his offensive numbers. It’s not a magic wand he waves out there. He’s creating situations, making plays. They’re going to want to bring him along and give him game action. I’m sure of that.”

LeBeau said that if you give Manziel a hole “he’s gone,” so he’s stressing lane discipline to his team should they find themselves rushing Manziel instead of Browns starter Brian Hoyer this weekend. He’s also emphasizing the need to stop tight end Jordan Cameron and running back Ben Tate, but it’s a good bet that all eyes in Heinz Field will be on Manziel should he make his debut.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/05/dick-lebeau-will-be-very-surprised-if-johnny-manziel-doesnt-play/[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Hoge says whoever drafted Johnny Manziel should be fired

Posted by Mike Florio on December 15, 2014

That homeless guy in Cleveland shouldn’t get comfortable . . . in the home he doesn’t have.

ESPN’s Merril Hoge has called for whoever drafted quarterback Johnny Manziel to be fired. After the Browns traded up from No. 26 to No. 22 to get Manziel, owner Jimmy Haslam told ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio that Haslam became convinced Cleveland fans wanted the man known as Johnny Football when a homeless man told Haslam, “Draft Manziel.”

“Whoever drafted him in Cleveland, they need to be fired,” Hoge said on ESPN, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “Because it’s unfair to the kid. He has sixth-round talent but first-round hype, and you draft him there and now regardless of what happens from here on out, he will be expected to play like a first-rounder and that’s unfair to him.

“He doesn’t have the skill set to withstand that expectation and that’s not his fault, it’s the Cleveland Browns’ for drafting him that high.”

Hoge doesn’t see things ending well for Manziel and the Browns.

“This will be the saddest, quickest ending we have seen in quite some time,” Hoge said in September, via Cabot. “It’ll be like a Tim Tebow.” (Which really wasn’t “quite some time” ago.)

As crazy as it sounds, Sunday’s performance was bad enough to put all options on the table. Appearing on Monday’s PFT Live, Cabot said the next two games take on extra importance because the Browns once again have two first-round draft picks. Which means that the Browns could decide based on the next two games to go in a different direction.

Would it be fair to assess Manziel based on three games? Maybe, but his inability to beat out Brian Hoyer in the first 13 games becomes part of the overall puzzle. By the time the season ends, the Browns may know everything they need to know. And if they know Manziel won’t become at the NFL level the guy he was in college, sticking with him will eventually give the homeless guy who said “draft Manziel” some company.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/15/hoge-says-whoever-drafted-johnny-manziel-should-be-fired/[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm going to be very interested in Hoge's take on Crab Legs Winston. Hoge is notorious for ripping on douche bag QBs going all the way back to VY, JP Losman, this guy...
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I'm going to be very interested in Hoge's take on Crab Legs Winston. Hoge is notorious for ripping on douche bag QBs going all the way back to VY, JP Losman, this guy...
    Losman was a douche? I never heard of the guy before Buffalo picked him up.

Winston is interesting. He is an idiot off the field but he is all business on it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Losman was an infamous douche...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.