Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Johnny Manziel Heat Up Steelers And Browns Rivalry?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He is a problem. We have to keep him in the pocket and force him to make reads... if the play breaks down we are in trouble.
    Agreed. Right now as he sits (being that he "has a long was to go") he is MUCH better than the Tebow who beat us. I have changed my mind...I would rather face Hoyer. The Steelers MUST keep him in the pocket. But, I'm telling you this guy is a magician...looks surrounded then he makes a throw or slips a couple tackles and rattles off 20 yards. I think he is going to be a headache even as a rookie.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

I would rather see him leave the pocket. With his run first mentality, he won't last three seasons in the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    I would rather see him leave the pocket. With his run first mentality, he won't last three seasons in the NFL.
    If you say so.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If you say so.
    Whatever. We'll see.

Legend

User Info Menu

Buc...there won't be a DC in the NFL who agrees with you. The last thing you want is Manziel leaving the pocket to make plays. Keep him in the pocket and you have a shot.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Buc...there won't be a DC in the NFL who agrees with you. The last thing you want is Manziel leaving the pocket to make plays. Keep him in the pocket and you have a shot.
    I'm just saying,he leaves the pocket too often,he's going to get hurt.

Starter

User Info Menu

I guess I should make clear,there is a difference between leaving the pocket to make plays and crossing the line of scrimmage. You can move around in the back field (Ben,Russell Wilson) and be successful, but you tuck that ball and run,you won't last.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hear ya...and that is indeed a possible issue. With that said, despite his slight body type he has stayed healthy. I think much of that revolves around his ability to avoid getting teed up.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Agreed. Right now as he sits (being that he "has a long was to go") he is MUCH better than the Tebow who beat us. I have changed my mind...I would rather face Hoyer. The Steelers MUST keep him in the pocket. But, I'm telling you this guy is a magician...looks surrounded then he makes a throw or slips a couple tackles and rattles off 20 yards. I think he is going to be a headache even as a rookie.
    Spence will have to spy him all game...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    You mean like Fran Tarkenton, Roger dodger, Steve Young et al didn't?