Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would you most like to see the Steelers play in a Super Bowl?

Legend

User Info Menu

Who would you most like to see the Steelers play in a Super Bowl?

For me in order:

1. Giants--two traditional classy organizations plus the Rooney-Mara family intermingling would make it interesting

2. Eagles--always wanted to see a "Battle of the Keystone State" in the SuperBowl. East versus West.

3. Bears-see #1 minus the family feud
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Cowboys - Who doesn't want to beat them again?
    Seahawks - They are still bitter and why not be the team to beat the returning champs.
    Niners - Would make for a good story - 11 Superbowl titles between the two teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post
    Cowboys - Who doesn't want to beat them again?
    Seahawks - They are still bitter and why not be the team to beat the returning champs.
    Niners - Would make for a good story - 11 Superbowl titles between the two teams.

Dallas is the one team I DON'T want to play in the Super Bowl because that would mean they had success. I want the Jerry Jones' arrogance and incompetence to keep them out of the play offs and Super Bowl as long as he is alive.

Seeing how it kills him not to make the play offs is much better than beating them in the Super Bowl.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben vs Eli for a 3rd ring would be awesome

in 10 years they would have 5 rings, 7 superbowl appearences combined.....would be incredible

Just for comparison sake...in the 15 years they have both been in the league (peyton 17, brady 15) peyton manning and tom brady combine for 4 rings, 8 superbowl appearences and right now ben and eli are 4 rings, 5 appearences in 10
    Last edited by K Train; 07-14-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Cowboys and Packers. We need to right those 2 Super Bowl losses as best we can.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll take "Anyone" for $1000, Alex.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

tampa bay.
    that team sucks so it should be an easy win
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    tampa bay.
    that team sucks so it should be an easy win
    We don't necessarily play better against teams that suck, though...cough...Raiders...cough...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    We don't necessarily play better against teams that suck, though...cough...Raiders...cough...

lol........that is a tomlin trademark
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Backup

User Info Menu

Good point about the cowboys. I remove them from my list.

I'll replace them with the Cardinals. All Pittsburgh Superbowl that way. LOL