Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who would you most like to see the Steelers play in a Super Bowl?

In the past I would've said SF or Dallas. Especially, SF... Now, I've changed my mind and would say either GB or the defending champs....just because they are the defending champs...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    agreed, who is pretending?
    You are:

lol........that is a tomlin trademark
    That implies that Tomlin is the only coach whose teams lost to so-called inferior teams...

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You are:

That implies that Tomlin is the only coach whose teams lost to so-called inferior teams...

that's the only way you can try to win a discussion is by implying.
    when asked to provided facts you run and hide
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

1. Green Bay - Classic matchup and revenge
    2. Seattle - The opportunity to put a beat-down on the Hags - effectively shutting the whiney pie holes of their fan base and dashing their dynasty hopes.
    3. Tampa Bay - They are my 2nd team and the coverage here would be insane.
    4. New York - The Ben-Eli battle for title supremacy and a classic matchup.
    5. Chicago - Steelers vs Bears has a very cool ring to it.
    6. Dallas - The greatest Super Bowl rivalry is carried forward to a new generation.
    7. San Francisco - The chance to see Harbaugh re-live his worst football moment as a Hail Mary pass in the end zone falls incomplete to end the game (we are up by 8 points). It would be icing on the cake if he had his hands on his head in disbelief and could be seen mouthing the words "I thought he caught it".
    8. New Orleans - Ben gets the chance to vault past Brees in the discussion of elite quarterbacks and his absurd exclusion on these lists ends forever.
    9. Philadelphia - Our no-huddle offense and Chip Kelly's fast break spread would make for one hell of a game. The Inter-PA battle would be an added bonus for many (not me).
    10. Detroit - They have never been and I can't think of a better indoctrination to the Super Bowl stage than a beat-down by the Steelers (see Los Angeles, Seattle, and Arizona). Like Philly, it would be an offensive show.
    11. Arizona - Bruce Arians gets a little love for getting his team there, but is ultimately reminded of how the no-huddle with Ben at the controls is a pretty good idea.
    12. Carolina - The chance to see that smile wiped from Cam Newton's face.
    13. St. Louis - Been there, done that. However, it would be fitting to give their current fans a taste of what the Steel Curtain dropped on the fans in Los Angeles. They can run but they cannot hide.
    14. Minnesota - Been there, done that Part II.
    15. Atlanta - I can't think of a single compelling reason to want to play them. Unless Tony Gonzales un-retires and we have something to root for. Then it becomes a cruel irony, as his only Super Bowl appearance ends in crushing defeat and we laugh at his tears on national television.
    16. Washington - The game would be overshadowed by the controversy surrounding the Redskins name. Worst media coverage and build-up ever.
    Last edited by Flasteel; 07-17-2014 at 12:47 PM.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

that's the only way you can try to win a discussion is by implying.
    when asked to provided facts you run and hide
    Again, you disappeared from the last discussion...not me...

Before you accuse me, take a look at yourself first...

Finally, you are the one who implied things...not me...it would be my job to infer things during this exchange, but, by implying what you did, you saved me the trouble...

Pro Bowler
    Again, you disappeared from the last discussion...not me...

Before you accuse me, take a look at yourself first...

Finally, you are the one who implied things...not me...it would be my job to infer things during this exchange, but, by implying what you did, you saved me the trouble...
    wrong again, i challenged you to provide links regarding predraft rankings and you tucked tail and ran away. you then posted some irrelevant crap after the draft and acted as if that had some credibility. spin things any way you want to but deep down we both know who pussed out.
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

wrong again, i challenged you to provide links regarding predraft rankings and you tucked tail and ran away. you then posted some irrelevant crap after the draft and acted as if that had some credibility. spin things any way you want to but deep down we both know who pussed out.
    You know, if you really wanted to win this argument, you should bring up Hitler again...

Legend
    You know, if you really wanted to win this argument, you should bring up Hitler again...
    Hilarious...

Pro Bowler

a classic loser response. instead of not being a puss and take the bet, you weasel away again by changing the topic.
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Banned
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis
    By the way, nice job on your draft predictions. You didn't hit the rounds, but you hit on 4 players. That's got to be one of the best prognostications for the Steelers' draft I have seen.