Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: Who would you most like to see the Steelers play in a Super Bowl?

  1. #21
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,646
    I like the suggestions of AFC teams like Jacksonville and Oakland. Not sure what they mean, but I like them nonetheless.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    along with his superbowl winning players
    Like the twice cut James Harrison who WE DUMB FANS wanted over HAGGINS on the left? Who went on to become DMVP under Tomlin. We could have easily lost him.

    Or are you referring to Big Ben who ROONEY had to force on Cowher?

    Cowher would NEVER use a first on a QB. He find QBs in grocery stores.

    I love me some Cowher, in some respects more than Tomlin who I also like.

    But the two best players on Tomlins SB team were Steelers DESPITE Cowher.

    This Cowhers teams stuff is RIDICULOUS. The GM has more to do with it anyway.

    If Cowher had his way, we would not have Ben HE would be ring-less and we WOULD STILL be looking for ring number 5.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-15-2014 at 11:12 AM.

  3. #23
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I like the suggestions of AFC teams like Jacksonville and Oakland. Not sure what they mean, but I like them nonetheless.
    Just would like to see the two teams meet in a neutral stadium and compare terrible towels vs. jag rags.

  4. #24
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    Just would like to see the two teams meet in a neutral stadium and compare terrible towels vs. jag rags.
    Do they give away free Super Bowl tickets to Jacksonville area elementary schools?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Like the twice cut James Harrison who WE DUMB FANS wanted over HAGGINS on the left? Who went on to become DMVP under Tomlin. We could have easily lost him.

    Or are you referring to Big Ben who ROONEY had to force on Cowher?

    Cowher would NEVER use a first on a QB. He find QBs in grocery stores.

    I love me some Cowher, in some respects more than Tomlin who I also like.

    But the two best players on Tomlins SB team were Steelers DESPITE Cowher.

    This Cowhers teams stuff is RIDICULOUS. The GM has more to do with it anyway.

    If Cowher had his way, we would not have Ben HE would be ring-less and we WOULD STILL be looking for ring number 5.
    I loved Coach Cowher as well...but to pretend that his teams never played down to the competition and never. Lost to teams that they should have beaten is ridiculous...

  6. #26
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I loved Coach Cowher as well...but to pretend that his teams never played down to the competition and never. Lost to teams that they should have beaten is ridiculous...

    agreed, who is pretending?
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

  7. #27
    Teams I'd like to see...

    Seattle - always good to knock off the champs
    Atlanta - Struggled with injuries last season so now everybody is writing them off.
    Packers - Great combination of football tradition and revenge all in one

    Teams I'd hate to see...

    Dallas - As others have mentioned, that means that they have had a good year
    San Fran - As much as I'd love to slap the goofy grin of of Harbaugh's whiny face, I'd much rather see them finish 0-16 under the ashes of a big Kaepernick contract
    New Orleans - their whole attitude annoyed me during the bounty scandal

  8. #28
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,745
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Do they give away free Super Bowl tickets to Jacksonville area elementary schools?
    Only if they play at home

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  9. #29
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,134
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I'll take "Anyone" for $1000, Alex.
    That was my answer and then I thought it must be a trick question!

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  10. #30
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I would love to see an old school Steelers vs Dallas or Steelers vs the Raiders.
    Steelers vs Raiders would have to be AFCCG

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •