Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Prediction for Our Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

2014 Prediction for Our Steelers

What do you guys predict for the Steelers this upcoming season?

I'm going to be a bit bold here and say 14-2.

I think the team we're putting together this year is going to be awesome. Starting with defense, Troy is coming off of his 1st healthy year and into possibly his last year. I see big things from him. Behind him, Mike Mitchell, is a fast and talented FS that will help Troy to be Troy. Timmons in the middle is always a great thing. You know what to expect from him. Shazier is fast and instinctive and the real reason Troy can be himself. Outside you have Ike eager to prove himself after a sub-par season in 2013 and a pay cut that has him "pissed off". Cortez is in his final contract year and has a year under his belt as a starter. Remember, he's the reason (partly) why the Steelers felt they could let Lewis escape to N.O. AT the OLB position we have Worilds ready to prove last year wasn't a fluke. (I do think his sack production came a little easier than most think it did, but thats a conversation for another time). Jarvis is in his 2nd year. If he can put his talent to use this year and just play without thinking about where to line up and what his assignments are he will be a wrecking ball. The D-Line, in my mind, is our weakest link. If we can get them to gel, we will have another #1 defense.

The offense has me excited as well. Ben is smack dab in the middle of his prime and possibly passes for over 5,000 yards this year. The RB's are quite possibly the best group we've had in 10+ years. Bell will rush for over 1,000 yds. Blount will get over 500 yds and Archer will have 300 yds plus 500+ yds receiving. The OLine is going to best we've had since the late 90's. Munchak will coach at least 2 of them straight to the pro bowl. Our receivers will dominate to the surprise of many experts. Brown will put an exclamation point on 2013. Over 1500 yds receiving and 10+ TD's. Wheaton finds his groove and produces more than expected. Lance Moore fills in admirably for the departed, Jerricho Cotchery. Martavis Bryant surprises as well and snags 700 yds and 6 TD's. Then there's Heath Miller. This guy has been a Top Tier TE his entire career, but only Steelers Nation has noticed. However, this year the NFL will take notice as he gets over 1,000 yds and 10 TDs.

I believe we have Super Bowl team just waiting to prove it. What do guys think?
    Last edited by SteelCrazy; 07-13-2014 at 10:57 PM.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

I sure hope you're right. I'll be ecstatic if you are.

To me, the Steelers have made some steps toward improvement, but there are still too many question marks. I'll predict 10-6 ...and I feel like I'm being optimistic!

Starter

User Info Menu

A decade ago the Steelers were coming off of a 6-10 record and with little expectations came back in 2004 with a 15-1 record. After that season I've become a delusional optimist going into every Steelers season so I'll go ahead and predict 15-1.

Legend

User Info Menu

11-5, Steelers O becomes top tier and the D recovers some it's old swag.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pencil me in for 11-5 and an AFC North division title.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

homer-tastic in this thread.

But i do think there is a ton to be excited about, especially considering the way they finished and the new additions in the busy FA period and the pretty aggressive defensive draft

My biggest concern is without a doubt #2 WR and Wheatons ability to take that.

10-6 seems reaonable....would have been a 10-6 team or 11-5 team the last two years if it wasnt for some gut wrenching last second losses to the likes of the raiders, titans, dolphins ect...maybe they get over that hump and win the easy ones this year
    Last edited by K Train; 07-14-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think the best we can do is 10-6 but most likely 9-7. I think it will still take a couple of years for the new defensive players to fit in. What has me excited is I believe it will be the offense carrying the team ... finally. After so many years of such promise I think they will be a force to recon with. Ben and Haley on the same page, an offensive line that I believe will gel under their new line coach, and weapons out the ying-yang.

I wish this would have happened a few years ago when the defense was still viable and we could have had a title or 2 more.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

homer prediction.... 13-3

honest prediction.... 10-6

Backup

User Info Menu

11-5. Team is healthy towards the end of season(Denver isn't) upset the cheatriots in the play offs and beat Green Bay in a Super Bowl rematch!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

With no key injuries (i.e.Ben) I will go 11-5.

Upside would be 12-4 and lowside would be 9-7
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"