Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Pouncey in the news again

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    sure..

the Steelers should suspend every player who gets in trouble to appease Ben and his defenders.

No, they should show CONSISTENCY with their so-called Superior ethics when it comes to discipling their players. On one hand, they release Ced Wilson for his domestic assault...but then let Harrison stay and slide cause as Dan Rooney said..." Oh, what James did was different cause he was trying to Baptize his son...so it was for the better good "

Yeah, great take their Dan!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    So was Ben in Georgia. And Ben clearly showed way better judgement in his case. He hired security/Sober drivers for his guests, ect. Now, like Ben, who was basically given a suspension because HE put himself in a Bad situation....at least according to Goodell's final decision...he justified Ben's 6 game suspension.

So, no matter IF no LEGAL charges are brought...doesn't Goodell, and the Steelers have to be consistent, and suspend Pouncey as well ?
    The Pouncey's also hired retired police officers for their birthday party. Dude you live in a little fantasy world.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    The Pouncey's also hired retired police officers for their birthday party. Dude you live in a little fantasy world.

Ah I don't think they did hire any security people. But if they did.....they were obviously bad cause NO ONE disputes that an assault took place, and it Involved people from the Pouncey's party at the very least. The only thing in question is were the Pouncey's Involved in the actual Assault ? Now reports say that unrelated wittnesses say they were. But that is not confirmed.

Now, if no charges are levied against them, that does not mean that Goodell, or the Rooney's shouldn't take action. Cause they sure as hell did against Ben. And in reality, Rice also was not legally charged either. So even IF it ends up being only a civil case...it's still does not show good judgement or Character with them. And they have a History at the very least of being Jerks.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rice entered into a diversion program. He plead out. I honestly hate when the justice system lets violent guys plead. And that goes for anyone.
    I don't doubt it was someone from their party. I'd wager 80% of all the people at the club that night were part of their party. That doesn't mean anything. Until the tape comes out we don't know what happened. It's possible that the guy went after someone knowing that they all had money. Too many ifs ands or whats at this point.
    And you're absolutely wrong about Goodell or Rooney taking action. This isn't sexual assault or domestic violence- where you're presumed guilty anyway (in the media). If the tape shows that they decided to jump the guy and rough him up, then ya, a one game suspension would do.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pittsburgh Steelers Maurkice Pouncey Addresses Lawsuit
    It wasn’t all smiles and happiness while the Pittsburgh Steelers checked into the dorms at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe for training camp on Friday. The same day a lawsuit was filed against Steelers center
    [URL="http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PounMa20.htm"]Maurkice Pouncey[/URL] and his brother; Dolphins center Mike, in Miami by three people claiming the brothers assaulted them at a nightclub a few weeks ago. Saturday, Maurkice addressed the lawsuit.
    Three people are alleging in a suit that the Pounceys assaulted them around 4:00 am on July 12 and are also suing the nightclub where they claim the assault took place. The trio is seeking a minimum of $15,000 in damages. No criminal charges have been filed against either brother and the alleged victims never even responded to requests by the Miami Police Department to give statements and or make formal complaints
    “Anytime I’ve made a mistake in my NFL career I’ve admitted to it. For something like this to happen and have no involvement is upsetting and hurtful to me and it’s on my mind like crazy.
    We hired our own ex-police officer to go out with us the entire time and for something like this to happen is truly unbelievable. I just want to apologize to any fans that take this the wrong way. For people to say bad things, it stinks, but sometimes you’ve got to deal with that in life and move on.
    The only thing that stinks about it is I tried to keep a clean nose throughout this whole process this year, and having to deal with this, it stinks. It really does.” – Maurkice Pouncey”
    In response to the lawsuit filed against the brothers, the Pounceys are filing a countersuit per Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. The brothers’ lawyer, Jeffrey M. Ostrow,
    [URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/26/pounceys-will-file-counterclaim-in-response-to-complete-sham-lawsuit/"]gave a statement to PFT[/URL].
    “As I previously stated, Mike and Maurkice Pouncey had absolutely no involvement whatsoever in the alleged incident that evening and did nothing wrong. This claim is a complete sham. The plaintiffs and their lawyer are perpetuating these lies in a bid for notoriety and financial gain. We intend to defend this case through trial if necessary and will be filing a counterclaim for malicious prosecution and defamation.” – Jeffrey M. Ostro
    w
    Not the best way for Maurkice to start training camp, obviously. The 25-year old center just signed a five-year $44 million extension this offseason and is coming back from an ACL injury that sidelined him that majority of 2013. The troubling part about this is that this is a civil suit filed, these people have decided, for whatever reason, to completely avoid going through the criminal court system even though they feel that they’ve been victimized. This way they don’t have to provide the same type of evidence or proof that the Pounceys did anything as a prosecutor would if criminal charges were filed.
    Maurkice is right, this does stink. If the twins were involved in an assault, especially an assault on a woman, I’ll be the first one in line expecting their suspension or even removal from the league. The worst part about this situation is that a lawsuit isn’t exactly the way to find out exactly what happened at that nightclub. If the Pounceys are telling the truth that they weren’t involved and did nothing wrong, I hope they can fight this and clear their names and I reiterate that perhaps next year’s birthday celebration should be done with a bit more modesty and less Miami nightclubness.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    [/B]

No, they should show CONSISTENCY with their so-called Superior ethics when it comes to discipling their players. On one hand, they release Ced Wilson for his domestic assault...but then let Harrison stay and slide cause as Dan Rooney said..." Oh, what James did was different cause he was trying to Baptize his son...so it was for the better good "

Yeah, great take their Dan!
    it was Cedric Wilson...

all players aren't created or treated equally.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Speaking of Ced Wilson... He was indicted for test taking fraud. He wanted to be a teacher, but had to have someone else take his certification exam.

Wilson was cut because it was his second DV incident.. the first of which involved a gun. I don't know why you're trying to draw parallels here.