Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey in the news again

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    some people care about having high character guys on their favorite team, obviously you dont.
    to each their own
    and you do? let the sexual assault go but cut the guy who tweets? be consistent. Neither guy has EVER been charged with anything. I'm only being consistent. My opinion of either won't change until they're charged. And if he gets in a fight at a bar and gets charged with it? To me that's not a big deal. Not big enough to cut a young, immature player. Now if it's DV or sexual assault that he gets charged with, cut him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    and you do? let the sexual assault go but cut the guy who tweets? be consistent. Neither guy has EVER been charged with anything. I'm only being consistent. My opinion of either won't change until they're charged. And if he gets in a fight at a bar and gets charged with it? To me that's not a big deal. Not big enough to cut a young, immature player. Now if it's DV or sexual assault that he gets charged with, cut him.

once again, show me where i said the sexual assault stuff was ok and show me where i said cut pouncey
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm afraid that "in this day and age", the chances of having a roster of 53 high character guys are slim to none. All teams are being forced to lower their standards ( if they had any) because more kids coming out of college have one or more encounters with the law in their past, or get into trouble after they sign.

Of course, it's questionable that the Steelers ever had such a roster. In the '60s we had Big Daddy Lipscomb, not exactly an angel. In the '70s, Fats Holmes would have been in the slammer for a long time if the Rooneys hadn't moved heaven and earth to keep him out. Joe Gilliam was a druggie. And so on.

I care about character but times have changed. I notice very few people objected to the Blount signing, despite some incidents in his past.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    I'm afraid that "in this day and age", the chances of having a roster of 53 high character guys are slim to none. All teams are being forced to lower their standards ( if they had any) because more kids coming out of college have one or more encounters with the law in their past, or get into trouble after they sign.

Of course, it's questionable that the Steelers ever had such a roster. In the '60s we had Big Daddy Lipscomb, not exactly an angel. In the '70s, Fats Holmes would have been in the slammer for a long time if the Rooneys hadn't moved heaven and earth to keep him out. Joe Gilliam was a druggie. And so on.

I care about character but times have changed. I notice very few people objected to the Blount signing, despite some incidents in his past.
    True! We KNOW Blount's hit folks in the past. Ask Boise

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Why have this discussion board if we are not allowed an opinion ? Who here isn't an armchair quarterback ? I want to hear what poster on this board or any of the sites is a professional scout, coach, player, trainer ? Why feel you have the right to insult and bash another persons views or opinions..... Same old posters ready to insult and go with, " I/we don't judge these players " but, you sure and hell judge the people here on the site. We have more of a connection with each other than the athletes that we speak of.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't care how many morons pouncey knocks out

we need players with dogg in them, pouncey has it

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    True! We KNOW Blount's hit folks in the past. Ask Boise
    Ill never forget it. Saw it live, Hout got ****ed up lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Blount had disciplinary problems in college long before "The Punch". The problems had nothing to do with hitting. I'm all for hitting. But not after the whistle blows or after the game ends. I also have no problem with signing Blount. What he did in college is immaterial at this point. People grow up and I assume he has matured until he proves otherwise.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Ill never forget it. Saw it live, Hout got ****ed up lol

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    that dude called him a NIG$$$ .. and got in his face.. im GLAD he got knocked out!! he even admitted he was in the wrong for running his mouth..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...