Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey in the news again

Legend

User Info Menu

The maddening part of all of this is the distractions to the team caused by 'situations' these guys get into.

Trust me, it would be a whole lot different if we occasionally read about Pouncey's great charity work or community programs. Then you can raise probable doubt when these accusations come up. Problem is, for all the riches some of these guys are bestowed you would like to hear more about the positives they bring to the team and community, not the negatives that seem to dog some of them.

Think about it, if Troy was accused by a woman of sexual assault, how many doubters would we have compared to Pouncey if accused of the same?

I think it was Abraham Lincoln that said there is a difference between character and reputation. Right now, Pouncey doesn't seem to have the best reputation outside of football.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    well if every little thing he does offends you, maybe planetsteelers needs a womens section, so you can spend your time over there.
    It's context, dude.

Take Johnny Foosball. No one is going to dispute that a rich, young man can't go out and have a good time. That being said, I'm sure you are saying he (as the "face of the franchise") should tone his act down and act accordingly. It is the same thing with Pouncey.

We just made a long-term commitment to the guy. It is not smart then, to have a raging party at 4:20 in the morning.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It's context, dude.

Take Johnny Foosball. No one is going to dispute that a rich, young man can't go out and have a good time. That being said, I'm sure you are saying he (as the "face of the franchise") should tone his act down and act accordingly. It is the same thing with Pouncey.

We just made a long-term commitment to the guy. It is not smart then, to have a raging party at 4:20 in the morning.
    Nothing good happens after 2:00am, that's for sure.
    My problem with Manziel is that he acts like he's a big deal and he hasn't done anything. Outside of that, i have no problem with him... at least until september.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Meanwhile, three days later, the "case" against the Pounceys amounts to nothing but allegations. They weren't mentioned in the incident report. The accusers are supposedly to testify under oath later this week and the police apparently haven't obtained video from the club. Maybe evidence will still come to light definitely implicating one or both of the Pounceys.

Until then, perhaps initial reports about nightclub brawls should be viewed the same as initial reports from a war zone. That is, unreliable.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    Meanwhile, three days later, the "case" against the Pounceys amounts to nothing but allegations. They weren't mentioned in the incident report. The accusers are supposedly to testify under oath later this week and the police apparently haven't obtained video from the club. Maybe evidence will still come to light definitely implicating one or both of the Pounceys.

Until then, perhaps initial reports about nightclub brawls should be viewed the same as initial reports from a war zone. That is, unreliable.

its still being investigated and im sure the police wont find any video that has the twins involved(wink wink)
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The maddening part of all of this is the distractions to the team caused by 'situations' these guys get into.

Trust me, it would be a whole lot different if we occasionally read about Pouncey's great charity work or community programs. Then you can raise probable doubt when these accusations come up. Problem is, for all the riches some of these guys are bestowed you would like to hear more about the positives they bring to the team and community, not the negatives that seem to dog some of them.

Think about it, if Troy was accused by a woman of sexual assault, how many doubters would we have compared to Pouncey if accused of the same?

I think it was Abraham Lincoln that said there is a difference between character and reputation. Right now, Pouncey doesn't seem to have the best reputation outside of football.
    So far the biggest distractions seems to be some people in this thread....looks like a non issue elsewhere.

And pouncey does do charity, but its laughable to think charity=good person regardless.

Pouncey is a well respected leader on the team and a hell of a player...theres been worse character guys than him on the steelers. He is a fiery player though, but everyone bitches we dont have any of those until we do, then hes a piece of **** thug lol

Legend

User Info Menu

here's a question to all the dads out there.
    knowing what you know about the pouncey's, would you let your daughter date them if they didnt played pro football?
    let the lying begin

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So squid, what if the video shows that one of the twins was involved and they can actually tell which one it was? If it wasn't the one who plays for us, will you give a carp? I won't.

If my daughter is 18 or older, I can't stop her from dating anyone. I suppose I can heavily influence her if she still lives under my roof. I would prefer that she not date anyone who is all tatted up.

Would you have "let" your daughter date Roethlisberger?
    Last edited by RobinCole; 07-15-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCole View Post
    So squid, what if the video shows that one of the twins was involved and they can actually tell which one it was? If it wasn't the one who plays for us, will you give a carp? I won't.
    my opinion wont change. i think they are still both POS

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    here's a question to all the dads out there.
    knowing what you know about the pouncey's, would you let your daughter date them if they didnt played pro football?
    let the lying begin
    LET??? What is this the 1950's?

Do you also ban her from dirty dancing at Lake Lure?