Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey in the news again

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Did Pouncey just get compared to Hitler, Bin Laden AND Jazz Hands? Holy sh!t..
    there really is no comparison, the Pounceys are obviously much worse...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yes, unfortunately.

reading comprehension is not your strong point
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    It is also akin to granting permission not to be taken seriously...

still sore about being called out i see...lol
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    still sore about being called out i see...lol

Not a bit. You disappeared from the last debate we had, not me...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Did Pouncey just get compared to Hitler, Bin Laden AND Jazz Hands? Holy sh!t..
    What you just witnessed was the perfect example of Goodwin's Law. Hilarious...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If you are agreeing with sicbeats, there is a very good chance you are in the wrong.
    Yea? And how about you go F yourself?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well we can all agree that it's time for some football and pouncey needs to distance himself from any "off the field distractions"

But seriously.... I want my football Sundays back!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    so you have no opinion on hitler, bin laden, ray lewis etc etc etc because you dont know their heart personally so you cant judge them.......you are a much better person that me if you can keep the 2 seperated.
    Daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnn

Legend

User Info Menu

Retweeted by Mark Kaboly
    Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley:

Sgt. Hernandez: "We need them to come forward & speak to invest. We've been anxiously awaiting that since they made the allegations on Sat."

One reason no charges have been filed, per MBPD: Neither the victims nor witnesses have come in to make a statement since night of incident.

[URL]https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Since this thread is 14 pages deep I don't feel bad about adding to it:

Subject: What's the difference between an opinion and a judgment?
    You've all heard it at some time from your kids or a rebelling friend: "Don't judge me!"

But often we feel like we were just sharing an opinion and didn't intend to judge this other person at all. So really, what's the difference between an opinion and a judgment?

I considered that a judgment is a value statement that aims at having a normative effect and an opinion is merely a value statement. E.g., a judgment attempts to provide a particular or general rule whereas an opinion merely reflects what we think of a particular situation.

Nevertheless, this doesn't quite seem a workable distinction in practice due to our habit of inferring things.

If I say "I hate Jody" we can infer I also don't want to see her. So what I seem to be saying "I hate Jody and therefore I shouldn't see her". However, when I say "I don't really like Jody", I'm rather ambiguous about seeing her. A person can't really infer one way or another, so the inference would be something like: "I don't really like Jody so maybe I should/shouldn't see her".

Often when we speak though, we do not have any intention to also mean the inference but how can anybody know?

Consider for instance, the following two conversations.

Jody opens up the freezer and a big jug of Ben & Jerry's is at the front. Jack, her son, exclaims: "God, I looovvveeee chunky monkey!" We can be relatively certain that he's suggesting to have some now.

Jody is speaking with her friend Jill: "Yesterday I had Ben & Jerry's and it was absolutely lovely". Jill replies: "God, I looovvveeee chunky monkey!" We can be relatively certain that she's not suggesting to have some now.

So my approach to the difference between judgment and opinion doesn't seem very helpful at all. What would you suggest?
    as phillyesq wrote.... it's really time for TC to start.......