Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey in the news again

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    So you think $685k is not a significant amount of money? Salute, Godfather. Fact is, the case didn't "fizzle away" as the board's Leboo claimed. He, in FACT, settled out of court. Big difference.
    It wasn't $685, it was less than that. And it was likely less than $352, based on the salary year. A settlement in the low six figures is cost of defense with the rates that he was paying Cornwell, particularly considering the scorched earth approach that Cornwell was taking.

When you can buy certainty for the cost of defense, you do it. Particularly where you also get a negative story out of the headlines.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Attorney for Pounceys vows action If alleged assault victim “continues to perpetuate these lies”

Posted by Josh Alper on July 16, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT

Evidence in the aftermath of a party at a nightclub reportedly showed no signs that Mike or Maurkice Pouncey assaulted Riquan James, but that isn’t stopping James from planning a lawsuit against the brothers for injuries he allegedly received as a result of an assault at the club.

James also alleges that the brothers fired homophobic taunts in his direction, but the attorney for the brothers offered a strong denial of all the charges to the Miami Herald on Tuesday night.

“Mike and Maurkice were not involved in any altercation with the accuser or anyone else that night and did nothing wrong,” Jeff Ostrow wrote in the statement to the paper. “It appears that the accuser is an opportunist seeking attention and possible financial gain. Any attempt by the accuser or anyone else to bring an action against them based upon these false allegations will be vigorously defended. If the accuser continues to perpetuate these lies, we will bring an action against him.”

While James and two others involved in the lawsuit have spoken to the media about the incident and their plans for litigation, but they have yet to speak to the Miami Beach Police Department. Police spokesman Sgt. Bobby Hernandez says the department has been “anxiously awaiting” a conversation since the allegations were made on Saturday night.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/16/attorney-for-pounceys-vows-action-if-alleged-assault-victim-continues-to-perpetuate-these-lies/[/URL]

I haven't read all the details, but this seems like total BS. The fact that the accuser won't speak with police raises serious credibility issues.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I haven't read all the details, but this seems like total BS. The fact that the accuser won't speak with police raises serious credibility issues.
    Why speak to cops when you have Instagram and Facebook?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

sick beats, your nasty stinking ass is showing again.

Yes, the Nevada case against Ben fizzled. That's what lawyers call it when a plaintiff sues for big bucks and settles for peanuts, a/k/a, nuisance value. Fact is, nobody knows what the dingbat got, so all the yakking about a "game check" or "half a game check" is bull****.

What we do know is that after she filed the suit, a lot of evidence (including her own e-mails) became public and exposed her as a liar. Ben's lawyers were then threatening to sue HER. It wasn't long before her lawyer publicly reduced her demands to these: That Ben would admit the rape, apologize, and donate $100,000 to some organization for abused women. That PUBLIC offer was rejected immediately.

Now tell me why he would then settle the case for a game check or half a game check. That's pure bull**** and you bought it. You're not just a nasty prick; you're stupid. LeBoo THAT.
    Last edited by RobinCole; 07-17-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    What you just witnessed was the perfect example of Goodwin's Law. Hilarious...
    I had to wikipedia Godwin's Law, to know what you were talking about. That's awesome!
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

sick beats, your nasty stinking ass is showing again.
    Again? I never left. You might want to check your meds; you seem disoriented and, quite frankly, just out of it. Visit the doc, and inform him of the side effects you are experiencing from the 7 different drugs you are on.

Yes, the Nevada case against Ben fizzled. That's what lawyers call it when a plaintiff sues for big bucks and settles for peanuts, a/k/a, nuisance value. Fact is, nobody knows what the dingbat got, so all the yakking about a "game check" or "half a game check" is bull****.
    No, "a fizzle" would indicate it went away. "Settling out of court" is a whole different animal. If it truly fizzled, as you foolishly claimed, Ben wouldn't have had to pay a dime. But, he paid over 6 figures, which you have never seen in your life at one time, so spare us labeling it as "peanuts" and stop further embarrassing yourself.

What we do know is that after she filed the suit, a lot of evidence (including her own e-mails) became public and exposed her as a liar. Ben's lawyers were then threatening to sue HER.
    Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, they "threatened to?" Did they? Then it's totally meaningless. Your ignorance is glaring.

It wasn't long before her lawyer publicly reduced her demands to these: That Ben would admit the rape, apologize, and donate $100,000 to some organization for abused women. That PUBLIC offer was rejected immediately.
    It was? That is shocking. It wouldn't be because the demand was a stunt all along, would it?

Now tell me why he would then settle the case for a game check or half a game check. That's pure bull**** and you bought it. You're not just a nasty prick; you're stupid. LeBoo THAT.
    LeBoo that? You really are just an embarrassment. You can't even remain in a conscious state where you can grasp reality. Go take a nap and down your meds. We know you don't actually work.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    It wasn't $685, it was less than that. And it was likely less than $352, based on the salary year. A settlement in the low six figures is cost of defense with the rates that he was paying Cornwell, particularly considering the scorched earth approach that Cornwell was taking.

When you can buy certainty for the cost of defense, you do it. Particularly where you also get a negative story out of the headlines.
    Maybe. But for the LeBoo of the board to claim the case "fizzled" when it in fact got settle out of court, well, let's just say that assertion is completely false. But, no surprise there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe. But for the LeBoo of the board to claim the case "fizzled" when it in fact got settle out of court, well, let's just say that assertion is completely false. But, no surprise there.
    I would say that going from $50 million to somewhere between 100K and 350K is fizzling. While not disappearing completely, that is fizzling to most, I would think. She received no acknowledgment of wrong doing from Ben either, so the settlement was pretty much just to save court costs, it's more prudent than anything.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I would say that going from $50 million to somewhere between 100K and 350K is fizzling. While not disappearing completely, that is fizzling to most, I would think. She received no acknowledgment of wrong doing from Ben either, so the settlement was pretty much just to save court costs, it's more prudent than anything.

Pappy
    No one settles out of court unless the plaintiff has the possibility to cause grief. Personally, if I was 100% falsely accused, I would bury her. I actually think she is a lying scum bag - that's not the point. When someone says, "The case fizzled" it usually would indicate no settlement of any kind was reached and the plaintiff got nothing. I know of a company that was in a suit and when the prosecuting attorney was right about to mail all past employees over the matter of unpaid overtime, the company raced to an out of court settlement. I wonder why? Someone might try to claim that case "fizzled" but that wasn't the case there either.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No one settles out of court unless the plaintiff has the possibility to cause grief. Personally, if I was 100% falsely accused, I would bury her. I actually think she is a lying scum bag - that's not the point. When someone says, "The case fizzled" it usually would indicate no settlement of any kind was reached and the plaintiff got nothing. I know of a company that was in a suit and when the prosecuting attorney was right about to mail all past employees over the matter of unpaid overtime, the company raced to an out of court settlement. I wonder why? Someone might try to claim that case "fizzled" but that wasn't the case there either.
    I doubt you would try to bury her. The case would drag on for so long that you'd lose exponentially more money than it'd be worth. Ben doesn't get a lot of endorsement deals as it is, and the ones he has would have abandoned him long before it was over with. Plus teams may find it to be too distracting and he would then have started bouncing around. If he were truly guilty she would have tried to bury HIM. Settling out of court allows her to get a financial gain and it allows him to move on.