Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey in the news again

Pounceys accused of assault at birthday party

A man claims he was assaulted by Dolphins C Mike Pouncey and Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey at the twins' birthday party at Cameo Nightclub in Miami Beach Friday night.

The alleged victim Ricky Vasquez took to Twitter, claiming he was "jumped by 4 bouncers and the Pouncey Twins." Vasquez added he was attacked because of his sexual orientation, claiming the assailants used homophobic slurs and saying, "I feel like I just got gay bashed."

The Miami Beach PD released a statement saying, "There was an incident that occurred at Cameo last night at 4:20 a.m., where an alleged assault took place. We have not confirmed it's the Pouncey brothers that are the subjects, but we are going to have detectives contacting the victims to investigate further."

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...medium=twitter

In the article in the Trib, a police spokesman is quoted as saying that they have not confirmed or identified the Pounceys as being involved. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. True, there is not much good that can happen at 4:30 AM in a Miami night club, but the complainant may be a guy looking for a quick buck. Or too drunk to know who hit him. Remember Bettis was falsely accused by some extortionist.
    Last edited by RobinCole; 07-13-2014 at 10:07 AM.

He got jmuped by four bouncers and two NFL linemen, and the first thing he does afterwards is tweet? Sorry, I am not a Pouncey apologist by any stretch, but this incident does not pass the sniff test.

Pro Bowler
    I know, innocent until proven, but this is one of the reasons I have a hard time being a Pouncey fan. He and his brother always seem to be in the news for the wrong reasons.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I know, innocent until proven, but this is one of the reasons I have a hard time being a Pouncey fan. He and his brother always seem to be in the news for the wrong reasons.
    well if every little thing he does offends you, maybe planetsteelers needs a womens section, so you can spend your time over there.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

The way the league swings today, even if the charge of assault is bogus, Pouncey is in even bigger trouble if he used "homophobic slurs".

As someone posted earlier, there should be video, but is there audio?

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    well if every little thing he does offends you, maybe planetsteelers needs a womens section, so you can spend your time over there.
    I get it. You like pouncey, I don't. If my comments offend you, move on. Sorry to get your panties in a bunch. Sheesh....

Despite what Pouncey does or doesn't do off the field , he's more hype to me than he is player.... He's a good center but that is as far as it goes.... The press this guy generates is typical of an ego person, immature person and a person that can't seem to accept the prosperity that has graced him..... I'd say this about any player that continues to be in the wrong place at the wrong time......... Grow up or face the headaches..... I was hoping the Steelers let him go after last season.... He's not as good as people want to make him out to be........ He can't stay healthy... He's more distraction than anything.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Despite what Pouncey does or doesn't do off the field , he's more hype to me than he is player.... He's a good center but that is as far as it goes.... The press this guy generates is typical of an ego person, immature person and a person that can't seem to accept the prosperity that has graced him..... I'd say this about any player that continues to be in the wrong place at the wrong time......... Grow up or face the headaches..... I was hoping the Steelers let him go after last season.... He's not as good as people want to make him out to be........ He can't stay healthy... He's more distraction than anything.
    My feelings pretty much parallel yours fezzi.

The only thing I wonder about is that someone in the Steelers org must think he is far better than our perceptions, otherwise why would they reward the guy so handsomely?

I have no idea what Pouncey did or didn't do in this night club incident. He may be guilty of something or completely innocent. At this point, none of us know. I don't know him, so can't say if I "like" him or "dislike" him.

That said, if you saw the two plays on which he sustained his two major injuries, to say that "he can't stay healthy" is one of the silliest often-repeated statements made on this board.