Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Pouncey in the news again

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I don't want my 9 year old daughter dating any 24 year old guys!

why?, pouncey is a great human being and everything he has done represents that.
    your daughter would be lucky to have him
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Fair enough. Just curious as to what give you the right to judge? You have never partied? You have never displayed poor judgment? Your numerous works of charity? As a pillar of righteous living...please inform the rest of us mere mortals how we can obtain haughty judgement of other human beings.
    i am a human being, we all judge(just like you judging people that judged pouncey)
    party plenty, never assault anyone or got accused of it while doing so.
    poor judgement many times, mostly when i was still a child, not 25
    plenty of charity and community service, volunteer coach for many years
    married 22 years to my high school sweetheart, never cheated, live in the same small town i grew up in, church goer, raised 2 children in parochial schools.
    have had the same job for 25 years, show up every day, been recognized numerous times for my work, which sets a good example for my children.
    nothing special, nothing that anyone else couldnt do if they wanted to.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i am a human being, we all judge(just like you judging people that judged pouncey)
    party plenty, never assault anyone or got accused of it while doing so.
    poor judgement many times, mostly when i was still a child, not 25
    plenty of charity and community service, volunteer coach for many years
    married 22 years to my high school sweetheart, never cheated, live in the same small town i grew up in, church goer, raised 2 children in parochial schools.
    have had the same job for 25 years, show up every day, been recognized numerous times for my work, which sets a good example for my children.
    nothing special, nothing that anyone else couldnt do if they wanted to.
    no fame, no fortune... and still living in a small town you were born in.

How in the hell can you compare your life to an NFL football player? Oh wait... we need to strip him of his football career and make him some magic negro who would still know Hernandez and be in VIP at parties without the football background.

and newsflash, millions of Americans do the same thing you do but only a chosen few get to play in the NFL. Put your jealousy in the closet and close the door.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 07-15-2014 at 01:10 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

How in the hell can you compare your life to an NFL football player? Oh wait... we need to strip him of his football career and make him some magic negro who would still know Hernandez and be in VIP at parties without the football background.
    im not comparing my life style to his. he asked what makes me judgmental and I gave him a list. now you want to change the game and say my life ints comparable to his.
    so in your eyes if you are famous and have money it is ok to party, assault people, have gang tats, help cover up murder case, act ignorant your whole life, have no responsibillity, cheat on your wife, dont do charity, dont give back to the schools or community, not set examples for kids to follow, work hard, dont go to church or raise your kids with religion, etc etc
    you dont have to be rich or famous to be a decent human being

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    im not comparing my life style to his. you asked what makes me judgmental and I gave you a list. now you want to change the game and say my life is comparable to his.
    so in your eyes if you are famous and have money it is ok to party, assault people, have gang tats, help cover up murder case, act ignorant your whole life, have no responsibillity, cheat on your wife, dont do charity, dont give back to the schools or community, not set examples for kids to follow, work hard, dont go to church or raise your kids with religion, etc etc
    you dont have to be rich or famous to be a decent human being
    I didn't ask you anything

If you are 25 in the NFL with millions I expect you to party...
    If you go to college to play football I expect you to be friends with players on the team
    I don't have tattoos but it's not against the law to have them

The rest is just stuff you are throwing against the wall and hoping it sticks. I have too many things to worry about in real life than a fight accusation at a party that probably won't hurt our team.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The whole "We shouldn't judge others" thing is retarded. Some like throwing that phrase around and at the same time, support a govt. that puts people on trial to be JUDGED by a jury of their peers. We also vote in people to act as JUDGES where they do exactly that: they judge others. So, where, in this F'd up assertion does it make sense that we are not to judge others? Now, generally speaking, is it more wise not to RUSH to judgement of others? Yes, I believe it is. But the whole concept about never judging others is preposterous. Our entire society is set up on a system of judging others. How about your credit score? You are being judged. Personally, I believe I have heard and seen enough of this clown Pouncey to makes some evaluations, and those evaluations point to a guy who is a douche and kind of a jerk. You can claim it just comes with the territory of being a millionaire NFL player, but if that were the case, explain all those that are in similar positions who are still generally nice guys. How can that be? I have met lots of NFL players, and there are plenty of good, decent guys. You don't have to turn into an a hole like Pouncey.

Rookie

User Info Menu

You know who would use the word "retarded" as a pejorative?

A douche and a jerk...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

and newsflash, millions of Americans do the same thing you do but only a chosen few get to play in the NFL. Put your jealousy in the closet and close the door.

the man asked and i provided
    like i said earlier in this thread, if you dont care about morals and character in your players, so be it. some do. to each their own.
    millions do the same as me and much more, pounceys dont. they are POS in my eyes.
    jealousy isnt a factor with these losers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    The whole "We shouldn't judge others" thing is retarded. Some like throwing that phrase around and at the same time, support a govt. that puts people on trial to be JUDGED by a jury of their peers. We also vote in people to act as JUDGES where they do exactly that: they judge others. So, where, in this F'd up assertion does it make sense that we are not to judge others? Now, generally speaking, is it more wise not to RUSH to judgement of others? Yes, I believe it is. But the whole concept about never judging others is preposterous. Our entire society is set up on a system of judging others. How about your credit score? You are being judged. Personally, I believe I have heard and seen enough of this clown Pouncey to makes some evaluations, and those evaluations point to a guy who is a douche and kind of a jerk. You can claim it just comes with the territory of being a millionaire NFL player, but if that were the case, explain all those that are in similar positions who are still generally nice guys. How can that be? I have met lots of NFL players, and there are plenty of good, decent guys. You don't have to turn into an a hole like Pouncey.
    I bet the Pouncey twins love them some "Pop Dat Thang" and other "Caked Up" remixes. Yeah, boy-eee!!!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

His coaches and team mates seem to think hes a nice guy, a good leader, a good team mate, and a good center.

Which makes how you feel about him being a hot head tweeter (some guys just let fans get to them, thats personality, sometimes people on message boards piss me off it doesnt make me a bad person lol) and being friends with a college buddy just completely irrlevant