Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 118

Thread: Planet Steelers Fantasy Football League is live

  1. #21
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    22,014
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCalculus View Post
    And for the record, I (PsychoWard) am voting for as few keepers (i.e. none) as possible. Rules for keeper-leagues should always be discussed PRIOR to the end of the season before, so that teams not in the playoff hunt can make choices for their potential following-season keepers. All you are doing by adding keepers after-the-fact is rewarding teams that already were good. It's not like we draft according to reverse order like the real NFL does so that bad teams get some benefit from being bad. You can have a lousy roster and no players worthy of keepers and then wind up with the 10th pick in round 1. Bad teams with bad rosters have a disadvantage if you decide to do keepers post season. Adding MORE keepers makes it even more lopsided. (I.e. I wouldn't have traded BOTH Manning and Le'veon Bell last year had I thought there was any possibility of losing out on the chance of drafting both of them this year).
    Well, this was a one keeper league going into this season...everyone knew that already.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Well, this was a one keeper league going into this season...everyone knew that already.
    Which is what it should stay, at most, since no mention of a second keeper was made last season, which was the point of my post. I'd prefer none, but can live with one. Two or more keepers needs to be voted on during the prior season, not during the lead up to the current draft. Since that didn't happen, it should only be raised as a possibility for the 2015 season, so that 2014 rosters can be planned accordingly. Or just start with completely fresh rosters. At least that is my opinion, which you did ask for when you raised the question.

  3. #23
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,369
    Absolutely I asked for opinions, and you have a good point. Since there hasn't been much dialogue either way, we will keep it as it was.

    1 keeper - draft round based on draft round of that player from the prior year (doesn't matter who drafted them originally) - max of 5 rounds of draft value based on the Yahoo rankings at the time of finalizing the keepers.

  4. #24
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    22,014
    Before we set a date and time for the draft, could you please take into account that I am taking my family on cruise from Friday 8/22/14 to Friday 8/29/14. Since I will be on the high seas to the Bahamas and back and therefore incommunicado (at least I think so...if anyone who has been on Carribbean cruises knows about the availability of reliable Wifi on the open ocean, then let me know). I do realize that scheduling the draft for that week is the best chance for several of you to have a shot at actually winning the league this year, but still...thanks for the consideration.

  5. #25
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,369
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Before we set a date and time for the draft, could you please take into account that I am taking my family on cruise from Friday 8/22/14 to Friday 8/29/14. Since I will be on the high seas to the Bahamas and back and therefore incommunicado (at least I think so...if anyone who has been on Carribbean cruises knows about the availability of reliable Wifi on the open ocean, then let me know). I do realize that scheduling the draft for that week is the best chance for several of you to have a shot at actually winning the league this year, but still...thanks for the consideration.

    Sorry sir, the draft time has already been set.

    Tuesday, Aug. 26 at 8 PM eastern time.

    Just like last year, I chose a date after all teams have played their 3rd preseason game and before the 4th. Most insight into starters for the year, least chance of further injury happening.

  6. #26
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    22,014
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Sorry sir, the draft time has already been set.

    Tuesday, Aug. 26 at 8 PM eastern time.

    Just like last year, I chose a date after all teams have played their 3rd preseason game and before the 4th. Most insight into starters for the year, least chance of further injury happening.
    You think that will stop me from dominating? On that day, we depart from Coco Cay at 5:00 p.m. and headed back toward home. I looked this up too:

    On Deck 4, adjacent to the R Bar, is the "Royal Caribbean Online" Internet lounge, which offers real-time access to the Web, 24/7. The ship is now outfitted for Wi-Fi, bow to stern, but some spots onboard may get better reception than others. You can pay for Internet as you go for 65 cents a minute, or purchase a package: $35 for 60 minutes, $55 for 100 minutes, $75 for 150 minutes, $100 for 250 minutes or $150 for 500 minutes. To use Wi-Fi on your own laptop, you must first sign up for an account at the Internet cafe.
    Mwoohahaha....

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,415
    Hey all... If you ever need an extra player, let me know... Thanks.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  8. #28
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,369
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    any room in the league?

    PM me your email and I will send you the invite and some instructions

  9. #29
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,630
    Hey DRock...i'd hate to do this, but it seems alot of people are interested in joining the league. With me being more of a lurker at this point, i'd be willing to give up my spot to a more active member of the board. I'm taking on a new role at work soon as well, so having a 5th fantasy league to manage will unfortunately not be a good idea. If its possible to change ownership, let me know.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  10. #30
    Pro Bowler D Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    Hey DRock...i'd hate to do this, but it seems alot of people are interested in joining the league. With me being more of a lurker at this point, i'd be willing to give up my spot to a more active member of the board. I'm taking on a new role at work soon as well, so having a 5th fantasy league to manage will unfortunately not be a good idea. If its possible to change ownership, let me know.

    yeah we can switch ownership. Pfelix73 - you're in. Please PM me your email and I'll send you the info to transfer ownership of a team.


    FIRST ONE TO RESPOND BETWEEN PFELIX AND K-TRAIN GETS TO PICK THEIR ROSTER FROM BETWEEN SHIEK'S AND ASIAN'S FROM LAST YEAR - IT MUST BE A PM, NOT A RESPONSE HERE.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •