Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Planet Steelers Fantasy Football League is live

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    any room in the league?
    Right now we are waiting on AngryAsian and eniparadoxgma to fill out the league from last year. I would expect both to re-up, but if they don't and you are still looking for a spot I will let you know how to sign up.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Would anyone want to move to 2 keepers this year, or should we stick with 1?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Would anyone want to move to 2 keepers this year, or should we stick with 1?
    Doesn't matter to me...I have plenty of guys I can keep.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Doesn't matter to me...I have plenty of guys I can keep.

That ended up being a pretty absurdly talented roster. Must make that semi-finals shellacking you took hurt even more.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah I really don't remember how it all happened, but I won by 86, that is pretty sad Ruthless.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    Yeah I really don't remember how it all happened, but I won by 86, that is pretty sad Ruthless.
    A Peyton Manning led team getting blasted in the playoffs? That NEVER happens.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm in.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

2 keepers? You know it's bad when you think the best 2 players on your roster to keep are the Defense & a WR suspended for a season...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

How is Keeper Cost determined for traded players? Probably should have been determined prior to trade involving Manning last season, as it would alter the player's value in deciding what is fair compensation.

Backup

User Info Menu

And for the record, I (PsychoWard) am voting for as few keepers (i.e. none) as possible. Rules for keeper-leagues should always be discussed PRIOR to the end of the season before, so that teams not in the playoff hunt can make choices for their potential following-season keepers. All you are doing by adding keepers after-the-fact is rewarding teams that already were good. It's not like we draft according to reverse order like the real NFL does so that bad teams get some benefit from being bad. You can have a lousy roster and no players worthy of keepers and then wind up with the 10th pick in round 1. Bad teams with bad rosters have a disadvantage if you decide to do keepers post season. Adding MORE keepers makes it even more lopsided. (I.e. I wouldn't have traded BOTH Manning and Le'veon Bell last year had I thought there was any possibility of losing out on the chance of drafting both of them this year).