Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Planet Steelers Fantasy Football League is live

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That lineup that Hostile Squirrels deployed would have pulled in 207.68 pts. I didn't add up the salary cap values tho - not sure if it would have been a true lineup. It would have been good for 6th out of 34,479 in the Thurs Dive I played, pulling in $400. With E. Sanders in the lineup, it would have had to be used in Thursday start games only.

*Edit - looks like it would have been about 2K over budget. Awesome lineup none the less.
    Last edited by D Rock; 10-29-2014 at 08:02 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Kinda funny that his optimal lineup would have been to start both of the Chiefs' RB's.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Never gave much thought to Fanduel. Is it worth it?

Not that I should try now. There's no way I'll recreate that bit of luck...errr...genius.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlinator View Post
    Never gave much thought to Fanduel. Is it worth it?

Not that I should try now. There's no way I'll recreate that bit of luck...errr...genius.

I played week 1 of last season for the first time - turned $25 into $250 in one of the big tournaments. I thought it was going to be a cake walk. Long story short - I got my butt handed to me the rest of the season and came out way in the red trying to recreate my beginner's luck.

It's definitely a strategy game, not just normal FF. To cash in on the big games you have to be in the top 10% or so of 40K+ people (that will get you a couple bucks - big money is top couple %). You have to take risks and hope a little used guy goes off. I have switched to the 50/50's this season - Top 50% all make 1.80 for each 1.00 played.

I've been reading a lot about it and the similarities to the stock market - lots of former traders have algorithms and computer models they use to consistently make profits in the long term. I'm still trying to get my bankroll management perfected - I'm playing with small money now and typically risking it all each week. Smart play is to get a decent bankroll and play 10-20% each week so you don't lose it all on an off week, which is easy to do with a major injury or two.

If anyone else is playing daily fantasy hit me up. I'd love to toss ideas off each other and really get good at this as a long term investment type game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Second time this year ive lost by less than 3 points lol

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I keep losing but have maintained 2nd place

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

did the Acerbic Wittens stage an all-but-Witten walk out?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    did the Acerbic Wittens stage an all-but-Witten walk out?
    Yeah. It's a bye week so I figured they needed their rest.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The site going down was a just a conspiracy to hide the fact that...

Congrats to Twizzler Smack for winning the 2014 Planet Steelers Fantasy Football League. Twizzler Smack was the runaway leader in the regular season with an 11-2 record, finishing with 3 more wins than any other player, and also posting the most total points scored. Twizzler Smack, wanting to provide some drama and hope for others, looked for a time like he might mirror his quarterback and tank when it mattered most. That quarterback, of course, is Peyton Manninng - great in the regular season and a schmuck in the playoffs (Who ever said fantasy football isn't real? This was exactly the way it happens in real life.) Twizzler Smack tip-toed into the finals with a bye and a lucky win in the semifinals to mask the terrible late season performances by Peyton Manning. He made up for it in the finals by posting the highest score of the week to leave no doubt about who deserved to win -with little to no help from Manning, of course.

Please join me in congratulating D Rock on his win!