Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shazier vid (with dope music, so crank it up)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wonder who the fastest LB in the league is? RS should be in that conversation, I would think.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wow, after watching that I can see the excitement for this guy. One thing this video showed time and time again was his ability to tackle. ALso noticed he was not afraid to hit the guy and wrap him up every time. Very excited to see what he looks like against NFL players and how much he can develop. Certainly , from what this shows, he has the POTENTIAL to be a top 5 LB in this league. And now with Peezy as a coach, man I am very excited for our LBers.

NFLN just showed the 2005 Steelers episode of Americas game last night. now I know I was extremely drunk but I started choking up when watching it and remembering the intensity he brought to that team and leadership he displayed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Great in open spaces and has ability to AVOID blocks with speed and agility.
    My only concern is will he be able to shed BIG blockers.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    He did bulk up to 237 for his pro day (which was about 15 lbs. heavier than his playing weight at OSU) and he BLAZED his 40 time at 237 at his pro day (4.36???). For comparison's sake, the top WR in the draft, Sammy Watkins, who Buffalo traded next year's #1 pick to move up to get, ran a 4.43 at the combine.
    Good point. I worry a little that he does appear to look more like a S than ILB. But if he plays around 240 lbs, it's shouldn't be a problem.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Wow, after watching that I can see the excitement for this guy. One thing this video showed time and time again was his ability to tackle. ALso noticed he was not afraid to hit the guy and wrap him up every time. Very excited to see what he looks like against NFL players and how much he can develop. Certainly , from what this shows, he has the POTENTIAL to be a top 5 LB in this league. And now with Peezy as a coach, man I am very excited for our LBers.

NFLN just showed the 2005 Steelers episode of Americas game last night. now I know I was extremely drunk but I started choking up when watching it and remembering the intensity he brought to that team and leadership he displayed.
    I watched a lot of the 2000's Steelers stuff yesterday as well. I loved the comradely of Ward, Bettis, Ben...special time, for sure. The 2005 season may be the most memorable in Steeler history. If not the most, it certainly is right up there. Having to run the table the last 4 games of the regular season and then win on the road, as the dog, every game in the play offs, and pulling it off? Amazing. The revenge tour. Cinci, Indy, Denver....all on the road.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post

Video was good. Thanks for the heads-up to mute the noise.
    I think it's referred to as "dope music" because you have to smoke a lot of dope to appreciate it...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I watched a lot of the 2000's Steelers stuff yesterday as well. I loved the comradely of Ward, Bettis, Ben...special time, for sure. The 2005 season may be the most memorable in Steeler history. If not the most, it certainly is right up there. Having to run the table the last 4 games of the regular season and then win on the road, as the dog, every game in the play offs, and pulling it off? Amazing. The revenge tour. Cinci, Indy, Denver....all on the road.
    It will always be the most memorable for me because it was the first Super Bowl winning season I experienced in my life. I was just 6 years old when we lost to the cowboys in '95 so even getting to the big game didn't mean much at that time in my life . I agree with the way we had to do it and it being special. From the bears game to get win 1 of 8 to the tackle by Ben in the Indy playoff game. There were just so many things that went right and plays that were made to get us that 5th Lombardi.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    It will always be the most memorable for me because it was the first Super Bowl winning season I experienced in my life. I was just 6 years old when we lost to the cowboys in '95 so even getting to the big game didn't mean much at that time in my life . I agree with the way we had to do it and it being special. From the bears game to get win 1 of 8 to the tackle by Ben in the Indy playoff game. There were just so many things that went right and plays that were made to get us that 5th Lombardi.
    Yea, some powerful memories. So much to over come, making it feel so rewarding.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    He did bulk up to 237 for his pro day (which was about 15 lbs. heavier than his playing weight at OSU) and he BLAZED his 40 time at 237 at his pro day (4.36???). For comparison's sake, the top WR in the draft, Sammy Watkins, who Buffalo traded next year's #1 pick to move up to get, ran a 4.43 at the combine.
    His speed is very impressive.. but his speed won't do much good if 330lb guards pile drive him into the turf.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Good point. That is why the Steelers drafted Tuitt and McCullers to go along with Heyward...also, why the Steelers signed Cam Thomas and McClendon put his weight back on...