Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US Football...err Soccer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

US Football...err Soccer

Watching the US vs. Belgium match & they showed shots of the crowd - I'm certain I saw David DeCastro there...at his size & his features, it's hard to miss him.

Go Steelers! Go Team USA!
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Americans in 2014 only watch soccer because the news media tells them that Americans like soccer. Soccer: the spectator sport for blind sheep.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Americans in 2014 only watch soccer because the news media tells them that Americans like soccer. Soccer: the spectator sport for blind sheep.
    The World Cup is quite possibly the greatest sporting event on the planet. Unlike other sports that Americans play, like football, baseball and basketball, The Cup is truly a World sporting event. Much like the Olympics. It is watched by Americans because it's the best brand of soccer out there. It is watched by Americans because we want to see how we stack up against the best in the world. It has nothing to do with the media.

And I have no idea what "spectator sport for blind sheep" even means.

Can't stand it when people bash this sport because they don't understand it. It's the chess of sports.

...probably beyond your comprehension, though.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    The World Cup is quite possibly the greatest sporting event on the planet. Unlike other sports that Americans play, like football, baseball and basketball, The Cup is truly a World sporting event. Much like the Olympics. It is watched by Americans because it's the best brand of soccer out there. It is watched by Americans because we want to see how we stack up against the best in the world. It has nothing to do with the media.

Can't stand it when people bash this sport because they don't understand it. It's the chess of sports.

Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post

I agree Americans watch it because we want to see how we stack up, the only thing I can't agree with is that it is the best brand of soccer out there. The best brand of soccer, for me anyhow is club soccer, Bayern-Munich, Barcelona, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Manchester City, etc. What I love about the World cup is that every team has great players and every team has holes that they have to try and cover up which makes for exciting soccer and we have seen some really exciting soccer in this World Cup.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

The country with most ticket holders in Brazil (aside from Brazil, of course), are the U.S.

Legend

User Info Menu

What? ????

Legend

User Info Menu

Soccer: the spectator sport for blind sheep.
    there must be an awful lot of blind sheep in this world then because soccer is the world's most popular sport.

could it be that you're just ignorant about the strategies and tactics of soccer?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    there must be an awful lot of blind sheep in this world then because soccer is the world's most popular sport.

could it be that you're just ignorant about the strategies and tactics of soccer?
    or just ignorant.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't understand soccer.

I also think it is painfully boring to watch, even though I only watch any of it during the World Cup, which apparently is supposed to be the most exciting soccer event there is.