Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Deja Vu?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A lot of people wanted Paul Poz too, hes a fine player but its pretty clear timmons is significantly better

In hindsight drafting the next best player to come out of the draft is probably Marshall Yanda all the way down at 86 lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    A lot of people wanted Paul Poz too, hes a fine player but its pretty clear timmons is significantly better

In hindsight drafting the next best player to come out of the draft is probably Marshall Yanda all the way down at 86 lol
    Joe Staley went 28th. Eric Weddle went 37th. Ryan Kalil went 59th.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

really, how so?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Rookie

User Info Menu

Timmons was rated a first round pick by all nearly all of the "draft pundits" held in such high esteem on this board (except when certain posters don't agree with them)...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Timmons was rated a first round pick by all nearly all of the "draft pundits" held in such high esteem on this board (except when certain posters don't agree with them)...

first round sure, 15, none

Rookie

User Info Menu

He was rated a mid-first round pick...

Directly in the middle of the first round is pick 16....

If, in your world, 15 is "way before" 16, I can see what you're saying...

Thankfully, Timmons has been worth it...

Legend

User Info Menu

He was rated a mid-first round pick...

Directly in the middle of the first round is pick 16....

If, in your world, 15 is "way before" 16, I can see what you're saying...

Thankfully, Timmons has been worth it...
    how about this?
    you provide links to all the draft sites that had timmons listed before pick 20 and i'll try to find some that have him going later. whoever comes up with less, loses.
    we can make a wager on it. you in?

Administrator

User Info Menu

At the time it was well known to be a bit of a reach...

It'll be tough to find the draft profiles from back them but NFL Draft Scout is legit and they have him rated as Rounds: 1-2 which typically means the bottom half of the first round or the top half of the second.

[url]http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=56416&draftyear=2007&genpos=OLB[/url]

Rookie

User Info Menu

How about this link, where they redo the 2007 draft based upon how the players actually performed:

[url]http://walterfootball.com/draft2007redraft.php[/url]

Here, Timmons is a top 10 pick...

Administrator

User Info Menu

How about this link, where they redo the 2007 draft based upon how the players actually performed:

[URL]http://walterfootball.com/draft2007redraft.php[/URL]

Here, Timmons is a top 10 pick...
    I'm not sure how thats relevant to the discussion... That site was has Woodley as #6 compared to Timmons at #10. I completely forgot that Beason was in that draft.

Based on their careers to date... would you choose Beason or Timmons?