Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Ike Taylor is 'pised off' he took $4.25M pay cut with Steelers

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    It's just his way of motivating himself. Keep the fire burning.
    I think we have a winner. And it's not like Ike is pouting. He reportedly worked harder than ever with Shaw this offseason and actually improved some of his numbers.

  2. #22
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,228
    he kind of back peddaled on his stance of "ive had the opportunity to make a lot of money over my career" and didnt seem so mad about it when it actually happened

  3. #23
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    22,014
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he kind of back peddaled on his stance of "ive had the opportunity to make a lot of money over my career" and didnt seem so mad about it when it actually happened
    If there one thing that corners are trained to do well, it's back pedal.

  4. #24
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    16,062
    Ike Taylor's Theater of the Absurd

    If Taylor is upset with his 2014 salary he should be mad at himself or his agent because he had every opportunity to tell the Steelers no and test the open market.

    Only Taylor knows why he spouted off Monday. He never did this spring when he was interviewed by local reporters.

    Taylor is an outgoing player who appears to have his sights set on a career in sports entertainment after his career ends. His comments Monday smacked of someone who is auditioning for a job.

    The Steelers just said goodbye to another player who aspires to work in television after his career ends. Ryan Clark was a regular guest on ESPN shows throughout his final season with the Steelers.

    Clark proved to be a distraction last fall when he critiqued the performance of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. After the team’s 0-4 start Clark said on an appearance on ESPN that Roethlisberger had to “tone down” his style of play.

    Roethlisberger did not appreciate being critiqued by a teammate on national television.

    “That's the great thing about this country we live in,” Roethlisberger said. “Everyone is entitled to their opinion and allowed to say what they want. If Ryan feels that way, then that's fine.”

    What Clark said had some merit, but the code in an NFL locker room is to keep your critiques in-house.

    Taylor’s situation is different. He did not throw any of his teammates under the bus. But he has to understand there is a time to work on your post-football career and there is a time to play football.

    After consecutive 8-8 seasons the last thing the Steelers need this season is a player with his own agenda.

    http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/...s/201407010002

  5. #25
    Can't wait for camp to start. That way we won't be kicking the tires on issues like this.

  6. #26
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,113
    Why wouldn't he be pissed? He made an agreement with the team and they basically told him he wasn't worth it anymore. That doesn't usually inspire a "gee, shucks guys, thanks for keeping me around" response.

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!
    Posts
    1,336
    generally, i don't give a rat's a$$ what steeler players say. I care about what they do on the field. Ike can say whatever he wants and it means as little to me today as it did yesterday or last year.

    But having said that, I think having a pi$$ed off under appreciated (in his own mind) Ike is better than having a content and well rewarded Ike.

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    generally, i don't give a rat's a$$ what steeler players say. I care about what they do on the field. Ike can say whatever he wants and it means as little to me today as it did yesterday or last year.

    But having said that, I think having a pi$$ed off under appreciated (in his own mind) Ike is better than having a content and well rewarded Ike.
    Yeah, I believe its going to motivate him to prove to Daddy Rooney he is still worth it....

  9. #29
    I doubt whether Ike will ever get another big contract.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Why wouldn't he be pissed? He made an agreement with the team and they basically told him he wasn't worth it anymore. That doesn't usually inspire a "gee, shucks guys, thanks for keeping me around" response.
    True. OTOH, he wasn't worth it anymore...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •