Thread: OT: Dion Jordan suspension

OT: Dion Jordan suspension

So Dolphins OLB Dion Jordan got suspended for PED use the other day.

Here's a quote from a Dolphin's reporter during OTA's prior to the suspension.

Dion Jordan, the Dolphins first round draft pick, looked as if he took an air pump and plugged it into his arms and shoulders this offseason. That's how big he looks.

Jordan said he's "a little over 265" pounds now.

"I was definitely too light to go out there against some of those offensive tackles," Jordan conceded.

"This year I had the opportunity to have an offseason where I can take care of my body. I'm trying to move forward and continue to try to better myself in a few areas."

Jordan, who struggled with the rehabilitation folllowing shoulder surgery last year, said he mostly did strength work this offseason. "I'm 100 percent," he said.
    That's one way to do it!

Banned
    You have to almost try to get busted for PEDs. And I doubt this guy can get big enough to be any good without them. Wasted first round pick. After you get busted once, you no longer know when the test are coming, and THAT does make it harder to beat the system, once caught.

Hall of Famer
    How many games did he get suspended for?
    reminds me of Sean Merriman
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    How many games did he get suspended for?
    reminds me of Sean Merriman
    four games....

Typical..... where are all the combine / speed warrior supporters that love the "fast" players more than the "football" players.

I would say that Dion Jordan matched Timmons rookie year... but Mr Top 5 picks doubled Timmons production (13 tackles) with a whopping 26 total tackles and 2 sacks. That's stellar production... and yet people bitch and moan about JJ's first year.

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Typical..... where are all the combine / speed warrior supporters that love the "fast" players more than the "football" players.

I would say that Dion Jordan matched Timmons rookie year... but Mr Top 5 picks doubled Timmons production (13 tackles) with a whopping 26 total tackles and 2 sacks. That's stellar production... and yet people bitch and moan about JJ's first year.
    My original post had ZERO to do with Timmons or JJ. I just thought it was funny that the beat reporter said that it looked like Jordan "plugged an air pump into his arms and shoulders" in the offseason and then a few weeks later he's busted for PED's.

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09
    Jordan should have tripled Timmons' production, since he was drafted 5th and Timmons 15th...

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Jordan should have tripled Timmons' production, since he was drafted 5th and Timmons 15th...
    Maybe.... but by that logic.... JJ must have had a stellar year since he was drafted behind both of them and his production surpassed both.

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    My original post had ZERO to do with Timmons or JJ. I just thought it was funny that the beat reporter said that it looked like Jordan "plugged an air pump into his arms and shoulders" in the offseason and then a few weeks later he's busted for PED's.
    I know. I mentioned it because many people had a man crush on Dion Jordan because of his speed/agility but many refused to acknowledge that he was WAY undersized. Sure enough... he was and he he tried to add the bulk he needs and how he'll be face a suspension.

Pro Bowler
    He was a project all along and putting him at DE was the dolphins being square peg in a round hole champions of the universe. Should be a 43 OLB with how good he is in space.

He was thin, but its not like he didnt produce at Oregon.

Shawn Merriman is a weird comparison though