Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ike Taylor is 'pised off' he took $4.25M pay cut with Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Of course he is upset. But, I don't think anyone but Ike is crying about it. He was a no brainer cut at 7 mil...now he stays. His choice. Loyalty? Is he serious? After the way he played last year the Steelers offered him a gift. You don't pay players for yesterdays service.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish I could be pissed off and making $2.5M this year! Taylor will never be wondering how he's going to make ends meet unless he's really dumb with money, in which case it wouldn't matter how much he made. But I like that he's taking it as motivation. That's what you want to see. He has the opportunity to seriously out-play his contract and prove that he's worth more. Sometimes that's more value than actually being paid more.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe this will motivate him to actually catch a couple of balls for interceptions.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. ..

Legend

User Info Menu

Replaceable carbon unit!

Welcome to the world the fans live in Ike minus the millions of dollars.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Know your damn role and shut your mouth old man.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ike is more like us than any Steeler on the roster. Works his tail off. Speaks his mind. And he's committed. I wish every Steeler was more like Ike. He's like the average Pittsburgher with a bigger bank account.

Every guy needs to find a chip on their shoulder to drive them. Apparently Ike has found his.

Like the rest of us, I bet in his own mind, he doesn't know or accept that his body is aging. This is true of everyone.

Let's go Ike. I think he'll be fine alongside Mitchell, Tez, Gay, and Troy. And he played better just staying on his side of the field. If we can just get a pass rush of any sort going, he'll look like he outperformed his paycheck.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Ike is more like us than any Steeler on the roster. Works his tail off. Speaks his mind. And he's committed. I wish every Steeler was more like Ike. He's like the average Pittsburgher with a bigger bank account.

Every guy needs to find a chip on their shoulder to drive them. Apparently Ike has found his.

Like the rest of us, I bet in his own mind, he doesn't know or accept that his body is aging. This is true of everyone.

Let's go Ike. I think he'll be fine alongside Mitchell, Tez, Gay, and Troy. And he played better just staying on his side of the field. If we can just get a pass rush of any sort going, he'll look like he outperformed his paycheck.
    The concern with Ike is how much will the weight of that "chip" slow him down.

I like Ike as much as anyone but his performance has really dropped off last couple of years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ike has earned how much over his career? Upwards of $35 million? Don't think I'm going to shed any tears over him getting a paycut.

He's "pi$$ed" over a pay cut to "only" $2.5 million? I'm ticked that he got paid as much as he did last year, in view of his declining performance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Ike has earned how much over his career? Upwards of $35 million? Don't think I'm going to shed any tears over him getting a paycut.

He's "pi$$ed" over a pay cut to "only" $2.5 million? I'm ticked that he got paid as much as he did last year, in view of his declining performance.
    Median per household income in the US is about $50K. Ike in his career has earned 700 years of the typical Americans income during his career. This one season, Ike will earn a salary equal to 50 years of a typical households earnings.

Not feeling sorry for Ike today

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sure fans are pissed at his declining production.... it's a wash