Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Do the Steelers have the best overall RB unit?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I would swap Bell and Blount for McCoy. He is familiar with our field and facilities as well...
    No way...definitely not both of them. Ill stick with what we got
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Give him some blocking and get back with me. I think he is a 1300 yard back with another 300 in receiving. Honestly, I'm not sure I would swap with anyone at this point. We have the two backs that I have wanted. Both of these guys I like very much. Like others have said, if the OL gels it's going to be lights out.
    He was a yard short of 400 yards receiving as an injured rookie playing only 13 games behind an OL without its best player. He could go from 45 catches for 399 yards to 60-65 catches for 550-650 yards, unless Blount and Archer take a larger chunk of his workload than I am expecting.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    He was a yard short of 400 yards receiving as an injured rookie playing only 13 games behind an OL without its best player. He could go from 45 catches for 399 yards to 60-65 catches for 550-650 yards, unless Blount and Archer take a larger chunk of his workload than I am expecting.
    I was trying to be conservative realizing that Archer will get more of those catches. In all honesty it's not out of the realm of possibility for Bell to have 2000 yards this season (rushing and receiving).
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I would swap Bell and Blount for McCoy. He is familiar with our field and facilities as well...
    I certainly wouldn't.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    No way...definitely not both of them. Ill stick with what we got
    yeah... no. McCoy is a top 3 running back.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, Adrian Peterson, Shady McCoy, and Jamaal Charles are simply on a different tier than the rest of the RB's in the NFL right now.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, Adrian Peterson, Shady McCoy, and Jamaal Charles are simply on a different tier than the rest of the RB's in the NFL right now.
    They are, and it certainly isn't a knock on Bell that he isn't in that tier. He could easily put up Forte type numbers and be a top 10 kind of guy. I just don't see him breaking into the top 5. He is versatile, but as a runner, he's certainly not up there with the top 3, nor is he close to guys like Lynch.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    They are, and it certainly isn't a knock on Bell that he isn't in that tier. He could easily put up Forte type numbers and be a top 10 kind of guy. I just don't see him breaking into the top 5. He is versatile, but as a runner, he's certainly not up there with the top 3, nor is he close to guys like Lynch.
    I dont think anyone is suggesting hes close to them, just that he could be in the near future.

I think where weve seen guys like Lynch/Gore/Sjax/Forte is where bell might end up...like all of those guys hes an awesome reciever and hes a hard runner that has shown to have a nose for the endzone.

I actually hated the Bell pick when it happened...thought he was just big and soft and his ceiling was brandon jacobs....i completely take all that back now. I definitely wouldnt trade him for Lacy still

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    How would you know?

Do any of those guys run behind the Steelers OL? Give Bell some blocking (which he hasn't had since high school) and watch him work.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I dont think anyone is suggesting hes close to them, just that he could be in the near future.

I think where weve seen guys like Lynch/Gore/Sjax/Forte is where bell might end up...like all of those guys hes an awesome reciever and hes a hard runner that has shown to have a nose for the endzone.

I actually hated the Bell pick when it happened...thought he was just big and soft and his ceiling was brandon jacobs....i completely take all that back now. I definitely wouldnt trade him for Lacy still
    Personally, I am suggesting Bell has the ability to be a top 5 back in this league. I think Blount is starter quality. If the Steelers OL shapes up to be what I believe they can be...watch out.
    Trolls are people too.