Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: D Line Playing Much Better

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,750

    D Line Playing Much Better

    D Line playing very well. Heyward looks like the guy we thought he'd be finally
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  2. #2
    We are getting in favorable down and distance, guys can pin their ears back and rush.

  3. #3
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,992
    Shut down the run, make them one dimensional, then wreak havoc. Always been a LeBeau staple and it can still work, whether or not ungrateful Steeler fans think he some senile old coot.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    We are getting in favorable down and distance, guys can pin their ears back and rush.
    That's exactly right.

    And it's the difference between this game & the last 2. This D can work if they can get the 3rd & 8 or so. And they are showing today they can achieve that.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    That's exactly right.

    And it's the difference between this game & the last 2. This D can work if they can get the 3rd & 8 or so. And they are showing today they can achieve that.
    We are playing up on the line scrimmage with our corners not allowing newton to throw quick, its a nice adjustment by lebeau, of course their receivers aren't much of a threat to run by us.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,910
    Heyward is a beast! I can't believe they had him sitting behind Ziggy Hood.

  7. #7
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    636
    McClendon brought some decent pressure, nice SACK.. ! Newton was getting abused back there..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg
    http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,585
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    McClendon brought some decent pressure, nice SACK.. ! Newton was getting abused back there..
    Credit where it's due- McLendon was much better tonight than I've seen.

    And the result of good play from the NT- good play from the defense.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  9. #9
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,750
    Since the LBs aren't getting pressure it's now up to the DL to step it up. They did last night.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Credit where it's due- McLendon was much better tonight than I've seen.

    And the result of good play from the NT- good play from the defense.
    McClendon was really good last night. We've seen good games from him like this before. I'm hoping to see him build off this performance moving forward.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •