Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 124

Thread: Do the Steelers have the best overall RB unit?

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Hes not going to have the big highlights like Peterson, Mccoy, and Charles because hes just not that fast or shifty. But he is versatile and if he can be a guy that is just a nightmare to stop, thats fine with me.

    Its demoralizing if you are the defense and no matter what you do a guy like bell (and blount) get 5 yards per play on you. Wont see many 80 yard runs, but could very well see some real ground production and guys that can wear down a defense which has just been completely missing for a few years now
    300 carries at 4.5 yards a pop is 1,350 yards. If he stays healthy that is very realistic. 60 catches at 9 yards a pop is 540 yards...for a grand total of 1890 yards. That would be a really nice season. My main concern about Bell isn't his talent it's his durability. I want to see him get through a full season without any major downtime.

  2. #82
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,199
    When he was robbed of the TD because of his helmet popping off i thought he was done for. Very encouraging that he came back the next week.

    Hopefully the foot was a freak injury

  3. #83
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah like I said 2000 yards all purpose is not out of the realm of possibility. That puts Bell into that elite category...even if he doesn't have a cool nickname like "Shady"
    Le'Veon is a Chocolate Diamond.


  4. #84
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,199
    The chocolate diamond....it makes sense to me

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    What I am saying is that you are not comparing apples to apples.
    Because of the line? The Eagles have had issues on and off with their offensive line. Chiefs were good last year but have had line issues in the past. There is also the issue of a running back making a line look better/worse. What may look like awful blocking can look better if a RB chooses a different hole.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Because of the line? The Eagles have had issues on and off with their offensive line. Chiefs were good last year but have had line issues in the past. There is also the issue of a running back making a line look better/worse. What may look like awful blocking can look better if a RB chooses a different hole.
    If you say so. The run blocking the first half of last season was some of the worst I have ever seen. It did get better towards the end of the season. How many yards do you want Bell to get this season to start considering him a top 5 back?

  7. #87
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    How many yards do you want Bell to get this season to start considering him a top 5 back?
    I'll go with top 5 yardage, but that's just me.

  8. #88
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If Bell gets some blocking this year, he will change games.
    I hope so... I think he is going to be a good back for us but I don't see flashes that would suggest he is going to be a top 5 RB.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I'll go with top 5 yardage, but that's just me.
    1267 would have gotten him that last year. I think that is well within reach.

  10. #90
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,848
    Mike Tomlin excited for running attack

    http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...3-0209d1a18aed

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •