Thread: Top receivers according to T.O.

Top receivers according to T.O.

Terrel Owens was on Total Access. First question: Name your top WRs right now. His answer...

Calvin Johnson
    Brandon Marshall
    and.....
    Antonio Brown
    with a shout out to Fitz

The funny part (to me anyway) came next when asked about the top DBs. His answer was Revis and Sherman. When then asked about Patrick Peterson and Joe Haden, Owens replied that he is not really familiar with them. That goes to show IMO that many of those who consider Sherman to be the top CB in the league only do so because he keeps telling everybody he is.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...book_videos_TO

Banned
    or maybe it's because Sherman averaged 8 INT's the last 2 years

Hall of Famer
    Revis was around when TO was. Sherman gets in the national spotlight because they're in the playoffs and winning. Haden and Peterson would get a LOT more exposure if they were on better teams (though AZ was pretty good last year).
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Legend
    No Mike Wallace? I'm shocked...not!
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    steeler_fan_in_t.o. starts a thread called "Top receivers according to T.O." and it's not a list that he made himself, but rather from a different T.O.?

Terrell Owens top 4 receivers includes Brown, this writer disagrees

Dallas Cowboys WR Dez Bryant Snubbed By Terrell Owens

Former NFL wide receiver Terrell Owens was recently asked to give his top four receivers in the league and mentioned Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald, and Antonio Brown. I had my reservations about Owens actually being insane, but picking Brown over Dallas Cowboys star WR Dez Bryant is clear proof.

There is absolutely no question Brown is a very talented player, but heís not Bryant. He had a fabulous year last season hauling in 110 receptions for 1,499 yards, and eight touchdowns. Itís not like Bryant had a bad year last year either. He grabbed 93 balls for 1,233 yards and 13 touchdowns.

When strictly comparing the two careers thus far, Bryant outshines Brown in all major categories. Itís pretty easy to compare the two since they were both drafted in 2010.

Brown has 261 catches, 3,561 yards and 15 touchdowns in 54 career games.

Bryant has 293 catches 4,104 yards with 40 touchdowns in 59 career games.

Itís about what each person likes when it comes to the position. If someone prefers quick, agile, receivers with blistering breakaway speed then Brown is the choice. If they prefer a hulking receiver with strength, size, and leaping ability they would go with Bryant. Just remember, this game is about scoring touchdowns.

First downs and yards after the catch mean nothing if a player canít get himself into the end zone. Thatís what truly makes a receiver a playmaker, and nobody has been better than Bryant.

Bryantís 40 touchdowns through his first four years is better than Megatron, Marshall, Fitzgerald, all-time greats Cris Carter, Marvin Harrison, and even Owens himself.

Owens is going after some more attention which is nothing new. As usual he comes out looking like a fool. Heís entitled to his opinion, but that doesnít mean anyone is valuing it, especially with statements like this one.

These two young players have bright futures, but in the end I think we will be talking about Brown being a Pittsburgh Steelers great and talking about Bryant as one of the best to ever play the position.

Matt Banks is a writer for Rantsports.com. Follow him on Twitter @MattBanks12, ďLikeĒ him on Facebook and add him to your Google+ Network.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/0...terrell-owens/

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    I haven't watched one second of the NFL Network Top 100 shows, but I did notice on the NFL Network ticker this morning that Dez Bryant came in at #25 and Antonio Brown came in at #23, so there are apparently multiple other people who agree with T.O. on this matter.