Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aside from Ben, Which player do we not win without in the last 10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    You have to give Aaron Smith lots of credit for that.
    And I would, he was such a monster on that dline

Hampton probably is the biggest even more than Troy. But, Troy would be a close second, following with Bettis and Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzfelt View Post
    Nope... Troy and it's not even close.

When Troy was out one year we couldn't buy an INT. The first game he returned he had an INT. No one game planned to stop Casey.

EVERYONE game plans for Troy P
    Baltimore gameplanned to stop Casey...

I would imagine everyone game planned for Casey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Baltimore gameplanned to stop Casey...
    with a chop block... that's it.

pretty sure they spent much more time game planning for Troy P.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Troy. Particularly during his prime, the defense was completely different without him.
    nah.. no way. Easy to replace

has to be a DL because it's a cool pick.

Troy easy. Casey ain't close. The team nosedives EVERY TIME TROY GETS HURT. 17-1 without Casey.
    Heck the ROLBer might be the position too. While it was manned by Porter AND Harrison, once Porter was gone, we tanked whenever Harrison was out. After 2008 Harrison was right up there with Troy.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzfelt View Post

it's Troy and it's not even close...
    Not in the last 4 years. I don't think you can size it up in a 10 year span, because no one really qualifies for all 10 years. In some of those years, it would be Bettis. In others, maybe Harrison. (In 2008 he was DMVP of the league.) In most recent years, and the here and now, it is, without question, A. Brown. Watching last year's games, we simply don't win 8 games without him. He was quite deserving of his Pro Bowl status.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Not in the last 4 years. I don't think you can size it up in a 10 year span, because no one really qualifies for all 10 years. In some of those years, it would be Bettis. In others, maybe Harrison. (In 2008 he was DMVP of the league.) In most recent years, and the here and now, it is, without question, A. Brown. Watching last year's games, we simply don't win 8 games without him. He was quite deserving of his Pro Bowl status.

The question is the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Troy easy. Casey ain't close. The team nosedives EVERY TIME TROY GETS HURT. 17-1 without Casey.
    Heck the ROLBer might be the position too. While it was manned by Porter AND Harrison, once Porter was gone, we tanked whenever Harrison was out. After 2008 Harrison was right up there with Troy.
    Not sure I can agree. This team hasn't been the same since Casey retired.