Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Aside from Ben, Which player do we not win without in the last 10 years?

Rookie

User Info Menu

I don't think anyone is relegated to insignificance...the OP referred to the player that the Steelers "can't win without"...

What does history tell us?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Even during the SB seasons, the Steelers weren't dominating every opponent. And I remember during a game in the mid 2000s they showed a graphic that the Steelers had a losing record WITHOUT Troy and 80-90% winning pct with him.

He is/was that dominate. Other than Harrison's freak season in 2008, there hasn't been a more dominate and all over the field in the NFL better than Troy. I certainly don't thing the Steelers win anything without Ben. But Ben likely doesn't win anything without Troy. He is flat out dominate in his prime. No one comes close to his all around prowess and improvisation, tackling, INTs, instincts in the last 20 years!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I don't think anyone is relegated to insignificance...the OP referred to the player that the Steelers "can't win without"...

What does history tell us?
    Exactly. During Casey's prime We WON 17 of 18 games WITHOUT Casey.
    Casey was a solid piece of this defenses success. But if he were the cornerstone people suggest, our defense would CRUMBLE in his absence.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher