Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin voted number 7

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tomlin voted number 7

Best coaches, from people around the league. Article coming soon.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

He very well might be...problem for Steeler nation is #7 is 6 less than it needs to be.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lol yep I agree,
    BB #1
    Pete Carroll #2
    Payton #3
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Lol yep I agree,
    BB #1
    Pete Carroll #2
    Payton #3
    #3 is that Sean, or Manning

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Carrol
    Payton
    Belichick
    Mccarthy
    Jim Harbaugh
    Tomlin

Something like that....but **** this is a volatile list, Mike Smith, John Harbaugh, Rex Ryan, Tom Coughlin, and Gary Kubiak have all been in the top 5 the last few years

It is interesting that tomlin is in the top 7 even with an underachieving team. I personally think its deserved, your ranking shouldnt be a direct reflection of how your team was the previous year. Kubiak was never a top 5 coach, but in 2011 he was because the texans finally were contenders. I think Mike Smith is a great coach, but theyve had some issues recently and hes working through them.

But for instance is John Fox a better coach than Jeff Fisher or Andy Reid? I dont think so, but Fox has the better team at the moment

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Two non winning seasons in a row. How many of the great coaches post that?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Carrol
    Payton
    Belichick
    Mccarthy
    Jim Harbaugh
    Tomlin

Something like that....but **** this is a volatile list, Mike Smith, John Harbaugh, Rex Ryan, Tom Coughlin, and Gary Kubiak have all been in the top 5 the last few years

It is interesting that tomlin is in the top 7 even with an underachieving team. I personally think its deserved, your ranking shouldnt be a direct reflection of how your team was the previous year. Kubiak was never a top 5 coach, but in 2011 he was because the texans finally were contenders. I think Mike Smith is a great coach, but theyve had some issues recently and hes working through them.

But for instance is John Fox a better coach than Jeff Fisher or Andy Reid? I dont think so, but Fox has the better team at the moment
    I think one of the reason's Tomlin is ranked that high is because we were 0-4 at one point and still found a way to almost sneak into the playoffs.

It's real easy to lose a team once they start 0-4.

As far as John Fox is concerned... no, he isn't a good coach but he is good enough to get out of Mannings way

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Club
    He very well might be...problem for Steeler nation is #7 is 6 less than it needs to be.
    I read this three times. Still doesn't make sense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I read this three times. Still doesn't make sense.
    It's because intelligence isn't your strength.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

#7 isn't too bad for cvoach many think will lose his job after the season
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"