Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can THIS team contend with top AFC teams right NOW?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Did Todd Haley get fired? No? Then nope. 8-8.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyDickie44 View Post
    Did Todd Haley get fired? No? Then nope. 8-8.
    Welcome back, Crash...

I knew you couldn't stay away for too long...

Rookie

User Info Menu

When you hear the best player on this team say that a 173 pound slot WR is going to run between the tackles? Not hard to figure out where this season is headed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

6 and 2 in the second half of last season, and we'll be a better team this year than last.

Legend

User Info Menu

1st Cleveland title: Cavs or Browns?

Updated: July 12, 2014
    ESPN.com news services

As if the 29 teams he's competing against in the NBA weren't enough, LeBron James now has another challenger -- the Cleveland Browns.

LeBron's going home! Click here for the latest news and analysis of the King's return to Cleveland. Full coverage ยป

After James announced Friday he was returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers, Browns Pro Bowl cornerback Joe Haden threw down the gauntlet: Which team will bring a championship to Cleveland first?

"LeBron makes things happen pretty quickly, so we're going to have to get to it," Haden said Friday on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access."

"I say it's going to be a tight fight. I know me and (Johnny) Manziel will be pushing to make that happen before. That's why LeBron is coming here, to bring a championship to the city, and I'm trying to do the same thing."

The city of Cleveland hasn't been home to a major professional sports championship since the Browns won the championship in 1964. With the return of James to the Cavaliers and the draft-day addition of Manziel to the Browns, though, buzz is bigger in "Believeland" than ever.

"It's a great day in Cleveland," Haden said. "It's been almost overwhelming. I was actually having my football camp when people that were at my camp -- peoples' parents -- were like, 'Oh my goodness, LeBron's here. LeBron's here. LeBron's coming back home.' I'm super excited. I've been a really, really big LeBron supporter."

Haden joked during the show that he'd recruit James, a former high school receiver at St. Vincent-St. Mary in Akron, Ohio, to be a two-sport star.

"If he wants to come (play for the Browns), I'd welcome him with open arms," Haden said. "He might be the only person I could give 23."

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11207459/joe-haden-cleveland-browns-challenged-lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-bring-title-city[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So Haden is comparing himself to LeBron James? I had no opinion before but now I think Haden is an egomaniac.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Browns sucked the first time LeBron played for the Cavs so I really don't expect anything to change during his second tour in Cleveland. As far as Manziel goes all I'm gonna say is go and watch the highlights of his 2 beatdowns against LSU. The kid's just not that good.

Starter

User Info Menu

I will go on record to say that by mid season, The Steelers will be a team that people will start talking about as being in contention for a Super Bowl.

The schedule is quite agreeable, with only a few of the first 11 games being some trouble.(Those are the 2nd and 3rd games of the season-Baltimore and Carolina, respectively-and the tilt against Indianapolis.)

What will be interesting is coming off our BYE and being 8-3 or 9-2. The last 5 games will all be difficult and we will either be staring another 8-8 or 9-7 season in the face or sharpening the blades for a run at a championship.

I think it will be the latter.

Whether we can beat teams like Denver is hard to say. But I think we will be there in the end to find out.

And that's all I ever want, year in and year out. A chance. A shot at the whole damn thing.
    Probably why I was so pissed about how we missed out last year. We were hot and we got screwed.

But that was last year. I just hope the team remember that. They gotta take care of business during the regular season to avoid being screwed over like that. Hopefully, it's a lesson learned.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I think they nature of the questions leans towards playing them in the play offs. I mean, after all, who cares if we win against these teams in the regular season but not in the play offs? I could see Pgh beating Manning in the play offs again. Hey, if we play up there, at least we won't have to sit our starting FS this time around.
    I think he knows that. He is not expressing a serious concern that we can't beat Peyton in the regular season. All "S F in to" was doing was cleverly taking a dig at "playoff" Peyton the choker without actually saying it. Hilarious really.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 07-13-2014 at 10:15 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Personally, I think the entire league is mediocre. With that said- of course the Steelers could contend for a title in 2014... Along with 22 or so other teams as well... Gotta see how the season starts out...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion