Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Ben's best magic trick is making receivers appear much better than they are

  1. #11
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Ward and Brown are the only real deal WRs Ben has ever played with.
    Holmes was pretty darn good at WR for us.

  2. #12
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Do they?

    Look at Plaxico the year after he left the Steelers:

    76 catches - 1214 yards - 7 TDs

    to Wallace last year:

    73 catches - 930 yards - 5 TDs
    we also need to factor in OC..

    BA was vertical so guys like Wallace and Nate Washington had great stats

  3. #13
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    I wouldn't necessarily use the argument that Ben "made" Plax and Holmes. Both were solid players that were 1st round picks. There is a reason they were 1st round picks to begin with.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    Plax is tall
    and he is 6'4"
    2017 Mock

    1. T.J Watt, OLB/DE, Wisconsin - will be a huge mistake if available and we pass

    2. Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson

    3. Josh Jones, S, N.C. State

    3. Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland

    4. Trey Hendrickson, DE, Florida Atlantic

    5. Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M

    6. Barry Sanders, RB, Oklahoma State (How can you go wrong with that name, however the sample size is so small that his dad may be better even in his 50's)

    7. Alec Torgersen, QB, Pennsylvania

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Do they?

    Look at Plaxico the year after he left the Steelers:

    76 catches - 1214 yards - 7 TDs

    to Wallace last year:

    73 catches - 930 yards - 5 TDs
    Slappy, I expect more from you. You are one of the brighter posters here. Comparing production after they leave with different QBs in different systems is apples to oranges. I want to see what they do with Ben. Wallace had a higher YPC and more TDs with comparable yards with Ben.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by dizzfelt View Post
    Holmes was pretty darn good at WR for us.
    Good, yes.

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Slappy, I expect more from you. You are one of the brighter posters here. Comparing production after they leave with different QBs in different systems is apples to oranges. I want to see what they do with Ben. Wallace had a higher YPC and more TDs with comparable yards with Ben.
    ummm...isn't the argument that Ben makes WRs look better than they really are?

    What better way to compare Wallace and Burress then? If Ben makes WRs look good, why not compare how they look when NOT playing with Ben?

  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    ummm...isn't the argument that Ben makes WRs look better than they really are?

    What better way to compare Wallace and Burress then? If Ben makes WRs look good, why not compare how they look when NOT playing with Ben?
    Eli Manning with a good OL vs. Ryan Tannehill behind an OL in utter shambles isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison, though.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Eli Manning with a good OL vs. Ryan Tannehill behind an OL in utter shambles isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison, though.
    Perhaps not...

    But, again, if the argument is that Ben makes WRs look better than they really are, how does comparing them with Ben refute or support that particular argument?

    He made Wallace look more better than he did Plaxico?

  10. #20
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

    He made Wallace look more better than he did Plaxico?
    our offensive philosophy was different with Plax.... we were more ball control and weren't stretching the field like we were under BA. Wallace primarily ran go routes so it appears he was better but he wasn't.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •