Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 126

Thread: What makes LeBoo's D so darn complicated?

  1. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzfelt View Post
    stop acting like we made SB's because our D played like Seattle, Tampa or Baltimore

    We made those SB's because we have a CLUTCH QB in Big Ben.
    Bens first SB
    10 of 22 for 166 one touchdown and TWO picks. Against a BAD Seattle defense.
    10 points allowed DESPITE Bens 2 "gifts" stopping an OUTSTANDING Seahawk offense.

    Ben was young so he gets a pass, and he AND the defense got us there, but IN THAT SUPERBOWL Ben was ANYTHING BUT CLUTCH. The defense was the difference.

    Bens second SB run you (and we know who you are) Troy has a pick six to seal the deal in the Ravens game and DESPITE YOUR ripping the defense in the SB, they gave up 20 to an outstanding offense AND while Ben was indeed clutch, he was spotted 7 by the Harrison pick 6. Therefore, you have shared credit for that win.

    You said do I want a defense remembered for "stats" or "moments". How bout BOTH?

    2008 number 1 defense, DPOY has team record sacks, championship clutch playoff pick and outstanding HIGHLIGHT REEL level return by Troy for a touchdown. Only to be surpassed by what is UNQUESTIONABLY THE GREATEST SINGLE DEFENSIVE PLAY IN SUPERBOWL HISTORY.

    That my friends is ONE SEASON.

    Yeah, I'll say there are some pretty good MOMENTS to accompany those stats.

  2. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by MirrorMan View Post
    Of course it's wrong. All those facts were made up.

    Neil O'Donnell was team MVP that year.

    Bill Cowher's exchange with Ron Erhardt at SB XXX in the 4th quarter was as followed:

    RE: Stick with the four wides?

    BC: Yeah, that's what's got us here.

    I don't believe he was referring to Mike Tomczak and Jim Miller.
    What? What does 4 wides have jack squat to do with the topic. You said DL never went to a SB without a a Franchise QB.
    You are calling NOD a franchise QB.

    Based on MVP? Soooo you are implying that Kordell was a franchise QB (also voted team MVP) too?

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    What? What does 4 wides have jack squat to do with the topic. You said DL never went to a SB without a a Franchise QB.
    You are calling NOD a franchise QB.

    Based on MVP? Soooo you are implying that Kordell was a franchise QB (also voted team MVP) too?
    The Steelers thought so. They gave Kordell two re-worked contracts in less than 2 years and the highest contract in team history.

    Make an effort, you make this too easy.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10
    You're a bit confused.

    It was Roethlisberger's OFFENSE, that spotted his defense three points before they saw one blade of grass in SB XLIII.

    Then the defense forced a punt.

    Then the offense scored a TD.

    So with 15:59 played in the first half? The Steelers defense was on the field for all of five plays.

    And the next time they went back on the field? That cushy 10 point lead that defense was handed? Was down to three.

  5. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    You act it's as if the two concepts are mutually exclusive; they are not. You don't have to choose EITHER press coverage or 10 yards off the receiver ONLY.
    You are right they are not mutually exclusive. You are wrong that we always give a huge cushion.


    Here is but one example of DOZENS of shots of our presnap look showing tight coverage

    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-27-2014 at 05:45 PM.

  6. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by MirrorMan View Post
    You're a bit confused.

    It was Roethlisberger's OFFENSE, that spotted his defense three points before they saw one blade of grass in SB XLIII.

    Then the defense forced a punt.

    Then the offense scored a TD.

    So with 15:59 played in the first half? The Steelers defense was on the field for all of five plays.

    And the next time they went back on the field? That cushy 10 point lead that defense was handed? Was down to three.
    Ummm it it is you sir who are "confused".
    Here is some football 101.
    It is the primary job OF THE OFFENSE to score points. Therefore, my suggestion that the defense "spotted the offense" 6 points.

    Clearly confused you you expect the defense to share an equal burden in the department of scoring points.
    Now I understand your disappointment.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-27-2014 at 06:05 PM.

  7. #117
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You are right they are not mutually exclusive. You are wrong that we always give a huge cushion.


    Here is but one example of DOZENS of shots of our presnap look showing tight coverage

    OK, I revise my assertion to: We play far too off the WR far too often. Let's start there. When it's 3rd and 4, and we play 7 yards off the WR, it seems to make zero logic to me. All they have to do is run a simply slant of out, and it's an automatic first down. They can "tackle the ball" all they want, but it's gonna be a first down. When LeBoo does that, it surely seems moronic.

  8. #118
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I would take a 100 year old Rolling Stones over Cold Play.
    No way. The Stones are nothing but a bright and shinning embarrassment on stage now. Cold Play gives it's audience chills.


  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Ummm it it is you sir who are "confused".
    Here is some football 101.
    It is the primary job OF THE OFFENSE to score points.
    Not in Pittsburgh, their primary job is to score points AND take time off the clock. Because our defense with all their money, needs as much rest as possible.

    So the offense scores, they take time off the clock, and the defense still gets the credit for their inflated ranking.

    Which is why Coach Gramps stays employed, and Ben Roethlisberger had been sentenced to the Rooney/Haley State Pen. They did what DA Bright couldn't: They turned his career into irrelevancy.

  10. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    No way. The Stones are nothing but a bright and shinning embarrassment on stage now. Cold Play gives it's audience chills.

    Admitting you like Cold Play is much like admitting you watched Magic Mike by yourself. If you did or do just keep that ish to yourself.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •